Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets say the Emperor came to our Earth, in his armor and everything

and he proclaimed himself savior of humanity... would we take him serious or would the whole world laugh at him

·
Registered
2 Posts
In all honesty the whole world apart from possibly some die hard warhammer 40k fans. Atleast up until the point he stormbolters someone in the face...

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Showing off epic size and crazy abilities I think that we would either try and kill him off, blame the russians or just sit in awe. Giant with powers aint much to be laughed at, well apart from that haircut!

·
Registered
266 Posts
So you are asking if we would take it seriously if a 9 foot tall man with armed with a flaming sword and an army of genetically enhanced, post human super soldiers all clad in nigh on impenetrable armour, rucked up and said

'I'm in charge now and there's gonna be changes'

Would we take him seriously?

Nah, just ignore him.
Barrack Obama would probably just pimp slap him and tell him to be quiet

·
Registered
409 Posts
I'd be like;

"Dude, get me a reduction in my council tax, a comfy chair for work and an 8 pack of Amstel and I will go kick anyones arse in your all divine beer providing name. Just not on Sundays mind, I like a lie in then"

We would have us a deal right there.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I think that GW would end up suing him for the use of a registered trademark
Lol

We don't have a problem with who you are but we insist that you must stop operating under the name god emperor as it is detrimental to our business

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Depends on how reliable his claims were. If the entire Battlefleet Solar popped into orbit and the ISS crew got to shake their hands, sure, I'll buy it.

If "The Emperor", a man in a cosplay costume on public access cable television, proclaimed himself to be the emperor of all mankind, I might have a few things that'd need to be cleared up. There's also the fact that our modern military might have a thing or two to discuss with the Imperial Guard (good lord, lads, could your tanks get any taller and flatter?)

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
We'd all be laughing right up to the point he turns as all into newts.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Depends on how reliable his claims were. If the entire Battlefleet Solar popped into orbit and the ISS crew got to shake their hands, sure, I'll buy it.

If "The Emperor", a man in a cosplay costume on public access cable television, proclaimed himself to be the emperor of all mankind, I might have a few things that'd need to be cleared up. There's also the fact that our modern military might have a thing or two to discuss with the Imperial Guard (good lord, lads, could your tanks get any taller and flatter?)
I wouldn't laugh to hard. Considering the fact their heavy bolters could probably tear a abrams to shreds.

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
I wouldn't laugh to hard. Considering the fact their heavy bolters could probably tear a abrams to shreds.
Everything I've seen says they are anti-personnel not armour.

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
We'd all be laughing right up to the point he turns as all into newts.
"She turned me into a Newt..... i got better" :goodpost:

but back on the subject i proably wouldnt until he shows his power or that of his armies you couldnt stop an army of space marines, actually would you need tank guns or something like a 50 cal to get through their armour?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
actually would you need tank guns or something like a 50 cal to get through their armour?
Opinion varies and you can never really know.

Pretty safe to say tho' that any military grade fire arm from assault rifle up will hit power armour with enough force to knock the SM to the ground even if it doesn't penetrate.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Please resist the urge to compare fictional retard weapons to armaments bound by real world physics. It tends to go no where.

On a more jovial note I personally think that the emperor would look take one look at our religions and ideologies and say screw it. Shortly afterwards he would launch a unilateral military assault aimed at enslaving the entire planet in 2-3 days. After all he wasn't stupid, and I doubt he would think introducing himself as our rightful ruler would be a sound approach, when no one on this planet knows who the fuck he is.

Reactions: TechPr1est

·
Registered
258 Posts
if this happened and his battlefleet rock up and all that jazz im pretty sure some genious somewhere would feel the urge to press the big red button, then it would be a nuclear free-for-all..

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
"She turned me into a Newt..... i got better" :goodpost:

but back on the subject i proably wouldnt until he shows his power or that of his armies you couldnt stop an army of space marines, actually would you need tank guns or something like a 50 cal to get through their armour?
Sure glad I have a .50 cal Desert Eagle .... Them soldiers would go down faster than my mom on Prom night:shok:

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Sure glad I have a .50 cal Desert Eagle .... Them soldiers would go down faster than my mom on Prom night:shok:
Think you might need a bit more punch than a hand gun somehow.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts