Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody!

There are some brilliant things you can do in WotR and there are an endless number of different combinations of heroes and formations. Some brilliant combinations can be made, but also some completely horrible ones. So here's a thread to share some tips about WotR, whether it be general tactics or good formation mixes you've found, post them here!

Here's a very quick one from me, I'll add some more later :).

Gimli & Aragorn.
An amazing duo. To use them to the max, i use epic journey and place them behind an enemies formation, ready to charge. I use epic rampage with gimli (any successful hits gives you another hit), this combined with aragorns anduril (+2 to hit in his company) means you should have enough momentum to destroy companies, if not a formation every turn. watch your might store though. Aragorns 1 per turn is great.

Cheers!

·
Registered
380 Posts
I have an almost unbreakable army composition that works in any points level; whether it be 500pts/1000pts/1500pts etc. and gets even harder to break.

Its a misty mountains list and 1500pts seems to be the most devastating at the moment:

Druzhag The Beastcaller w/tainted palantir
55 single formations of wargs (yes, one tray of wargs per formation)
and 4 Mordor Siege Bow Batteries as allies
1500pts even

You want to bring hero cheese? fine, i'll bring cavalry spam and we'll see who wins! 55 individual companies of wargs running around the field is a nightmare for any army.

Epic Str4 Wargs still wound Def 8 models on 6's! M10 and are prowlers

Vs. archer heavy armies, that massive 6 company formation of wood elves/galadhrim archers can only kill 1 tray of wargs per turn and by turn 2 im already charging you (turn 3 or 4 if its battle for the pass deployment). The following turn, my wargs start surrounding your formations and eat away at your flanks. If you still have guys that are alive by turn 3 then i'll have you completely surrounded by my wargs. Since im cavalry, i always strike first and i have more chances for earthshaking charge. Not only that but you need to kill my guys in order to win combat; sure you only need to kill one to win but even if you do win, my guys only cost 20pts vs your super expensive elves.

Cause terror? druzhag is an inspiring leader for wargs and at courage 4 you should pass the majority of your courage tests since 2D6 rolls averages a total of 7 and 4+7=11.

Vs. Monster armies i just let my siege bows focus fire and take the monsters down one at a time while my wargs go to work on the rest of your monsters. Monsters will kill wargs so easily but i have so many that i can keep throwing them at your monsters.

Vs. Cav armies its the same tactics - swarm a unit and devour it, then move on to the next one.

Vs. Magic heavy armies - Same thing as Vs. Archers

Vs. Dwarves or high def armies - Same thing, surround and flank them.

Vs. Pikes i let my siege bows soften up the enemy then swarm them again.

The key to this army is to get to the enemies flanks/rear as soon as possible to take advantage of the wargs prowler special rule. If i get into a war of attrition and im only attacking the enemies front where they've got shields then im screwed.

So far, there is only 1 army list that i fear and its the only one that can take my army apart but since no one has the money or know what the list is, my list is unbeatable :p

Or you could be a jerk and just run the same list but what fun is that?

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds interesting, thanks for sharing :)

I might test this out next time I'm using a Misty Mountains army, it just requires me digging out my goblins - wherever they are :p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts