Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 187 Posts

·
Powered by Squig Tea
7,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the worst standard miniature you hve ever tried to assemble?

We have all had those moments when it just won't stick and your wife/cat/mother/dog looks at you funny as you curse the wretched thing and all other things Games Workshop to the Eye of Terror and back.......:ireful2:

Warped components, mismatched parts or just incredibly fiddly?

So is it the Conudrum of the Crusader or that So and So of a Spine Dragon............

·
Registered
428 Posts
The Dwarfs for fantasy are a nightmare to put together. Whoever thought it would be a good idea to split the body from shoulder to waist for assembly needs to be kicked in the nether regions.

·
Registered
800 Posts
greath thread haha.

Mine has got to be anything big and metal grrrrr i cant stand 'em, my newly made daemon prince has been the biggest pain in the gonads ever, with parts that didnt evan fit together, i had to do a hell of a lot of filing.

·
Registered
811 Posts
quite honestly, the land raider crusader bits are the worst, however they are seconded by the landspeeder, that kit couldn't fit together even if it was fresh off the mold.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
yeah, i had to help a kid build a landspeeder the other day, it was my first as well. nasty bugger.

the LOTR dragon is a bit of a bitch. by reputation, the Screaming Skull Cat is the worst...

·
Registered
104 Posts
2nd ed lictors were awful, but new gargoyles have got to be the worst.
Yeah... let's make them so that their wings are two separate pieces and go around the flying base. Genius idea!

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Probably anything FW, simply because of resin dust. Gag!

Or if we're sticking to GW, it's a tie between the Demon Prince, Crusader, Old Carnifex, and current Hive Tyrant.

-Dirge

·
Registered
800 Posts
The nightbringer fucked me over to, it came, i loved it, then tried to make it and now i hate it. Was impossible to make it look right there was so much filing needed.

·
Registered
112 Posts
It's gotta be my son of a whorus jump chaplain. He went together alright, until I got to the bolt pistol arm. The way the fraggin thing's made the shoulder plate would have to stick half an inch into the jump pack to fit. So I replaced it with a chainfist from my terminator sprue :biggrin:

Another bad one was that landspeeder I built. It looks alright now, but the thing too me hours to put together right :scare:

·
Registered
268 Posts
THe Lord Solar Macharius.

It took seventeen tries to get his cape to stay. SEVENTEEN TRIES! AND THAT'S JUST FOR THE CAP!

*Goes on ranting*

·
Registered
232 Posts
Tyranid Gargoyles... WAY too much work for such an ugly model.
I also gave up trying to get the new WE dragon together.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
well, the worst experience i've had to date was with the techmarine in full servo-harness....nightmarish to construct; had to pin everything multiple times, took several tries to get each limb to stay in place.

second worst was the aforementioned landspeeder...i mean....damn, that thing just ain't right! :threaten:

·
Registered
325 Posts
I haven't had much trouble putting very many things together, but I'd say the worst was the Obliterators. These things, I tell you what... Pain in the @ss.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Tomb Scorpions seemed like pretty crappy models when it comes to putting them together. I saw some guy at a store trying to assemble one. He almost wanted to chuck the thing out the store.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I think you guys have completely missed one. The Penitent Engine is one of the HARDEST models to assemble. Not only is it pewter but it is also a walker, which means that the pose is variable. The wife had serious problems getting it to stay glued. Plus it's a pain in the rear to paint even when not assembled. Imagine assembling and then painting!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Venerable Dreadnaught. Maybe I just suck, but what a nightmare.

The fingers were CONSTANTLY falling off the CCW arm. It took me dozens of attempts before they fit right and I almost slammed the thing into the floor more than once.

The entire arm came off more than a few times as well.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
that chaos two headed dragon from FB...i helped a friend put it together. i swear to god it ended up being 90% green stuff and 10% actual model

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dark Eldar Warriors...The little buggers are so bloody spikey and don't really fit as well as other kits.

1 - 20 of 187 Posts