Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Embrace the Insanity
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Knives and other dangerous tools go hand in hand with modelling, so injuries are bound to occur every now and then. What's the worst injury you've endured? Cut with that brand new hobby knife? Stepped on that Dark Eldar Reaver you dropped? Super glued your hand to your face?

Mine is the 1st example, I put a brand new blade into my hobby knife and about 2 minutes later sliced into the side of finger. Silly me putting my finger there in the 1st place.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Can't exactly name a particular one, but it probably had something to to with super glue. Guess I glued to fingers together, because that has happened quite a lot of times, but I dunno which time was the worst.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I say, Moriouce - you probably won the topic as for now.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Oh. Don't scare us like that...:scare:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Way past midnight, Working with superglue and not realizing when you have it on your fingers, of course I am tired and do the stupidest thing and rub my eyes. Stuck my top right eyelashes to the bottom eyelashes and ended up having to cut off half of them. Just so I could open my eyelid again.

·
Embrace the Insanity
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Way past midnight, Working with superglue and not realizing when you have it on your fingers, of course I am tired and do the stupidest thing and rub my eyes. Stuck my top right eyelashes to the bottom eyelashes and ended up having to cut off half of them. Just so I could open my eyelid again.
:laugh:

Least it was only your eyelashes and not your eyelids

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Superglue squirted directly into my eye...run like madman into bathroom while cursing, washed the shit out of my eye for half an hour and luckily removed the whole lot. sore red eye for three days and eyedrop galore.
I was lucky (and fast to react :p )

·
Irn Bru 32!
1,436 Posts
Superglue squirted directly into my eye...run like madman into bathroom while cursing, washed the shit out of my eye for half an hour and luckily removed the whole lot. sore red eye for three days and eyedrop galore.
I was lucky (and fast to react :p )
Ugghh that made me cringe.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
My worst hobby injury was also my most funny. Late night and had few beers sitting at my table in my boxers, new hobby knife just put in and sliced my left thumb pretty deep but no problem I have super glue to glue the wound closed. So I did that seemed to work so I went back to putting my sister repentias back together. Exhaustion plus alcohol and I fell asleep at some point because when my girlfriend woke me up at 3 a.m. wanting to know what the hell I was doing my right hand was super glued to my face, two fingers were also glued together, and my bloody left hand had a half naked woman glued to it which was now glued to my inside left thigh near my little man.
Thankfully once my girlfriend stopped laughing at my situation she got some nail polish remover to remove the super glue and then take me to the hospital to get 6 stitches in my thumb. So now no more late night drinking and hobbying especially in my underwear. I am also not allowed to have any female minitures in my armies.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
My worst hobby injury was also my most funny. Late night and had few beers sitting at my table in my boxers, new hobby knife just put in and sliced my left thumb pretty deep but no problem I have super glue to glue the wound closed. So I did that seemed to work so I went back to putting my sister repentias back together. Exhaustion plus alcohol and I fell asleep at some point because when my girlfriend woke me up at 3 a.m. wanting to know what the hell I was doing my right hand was super glued to my face, two fingers were also glued together, and my bloody left hand had a half naked woman glued to it which was now glued to my inside left thigh near my little man.
Thankfully once my girlfriend stopped laughing at my situation she got some nail polish remover to remove the super glue and then take me to the hospital to get 6 stitches in my thumb. So now no more late night drinking and hobbying especially in my underwear. I am also not allowed to have any female minitures in my armies.

Sound like you cought a bit of Wobbly Model Syndrome. :) LOL!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts