Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the worst figure in your range, by worst i mean which model do you put off painting for as long as possible for me its the harlequin troupe leader not because it looks bad but its just so hard to get it to attatch to the base
and in my marine or guard army its tanks as i always try to over detail
for fantasy it has to be the araby ogre ive painted seven now and havent enjoyed any of them

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have never liked the Hellhound model for the Guard, then FW brought out some lovely variants so I have 2 of those instead :grin:

·
Registered
368 Posts
My SoB saint celestine model. I've converted the model heavily and made it look quite ace.But i'm really aprehensive about touching paint to it though. What if i screw it up? I think i'll need to paint a whole company of sororitas before i'm brave enough to paint it.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I think i'll need to paint a whole company of sororitas before i'm brave enough to paint it.
...or that demon prince!

As for me, it'd be the FW cadian command squad i've got waiting for me for when i get back to the guard. Lovely, i couldn't bear to cock it up.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
i still have
5-6 harlequins to paint
5-6 swooping hawks

need to finish off wulfen and rune priest

iron priest
grimnar
wolf guards
blod claws

ect ect

·
Registered
995 Posts
I was afraid of Commissar Yarrick...so I got my wife to paint him. He looks perfect.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Mine has got to be my SOB i hate painting rank and file troops for some reason and I can't myself to get them going. So far they just have their armour painted and I got them about a year ago.

·
Registered
995 Posts
asian, I also had a problem painting rank and file troops. I play guard so I get quite a bit more rank and file. The task was pretty overwhelming until I was put on a guard duty for 3 months. The night shift was perfect. I painted a squad a night until I had my whole army painted.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
the old empire hangunners they are so boring

tanks for space marine

flayed ones for necron

oblitorators for khorne

anything for tomb king

nothing really for fantasy khorne

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
rasnk and file ?
Sorry, its a term more used in warhammer fantasy for normal troops. I meant just any unit that tends to have multiples of the same model, so pretty much anything in the troop section of a codex or even some elite choices and fast attack.

@Streel Rain

That is why I could never do imperial guard, I think I would stab myself with my paintbrush before I could get an army done. Its not the time factor more than I tend to paint all of one figure to get all the details right. Thus painting troops in a manufacturing line way doesn't work for me and painting the same model 10 times gets dull.

·
Registered
137 Posts
My converted harlequin wraithlord
Harlequins in general
fire dragons (i picked a really hard scheme and painted one now the rest are just sitting)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hmm, I wouldnt want to do an old GW Griffon mortar again (Havent seen the forgeworld one in person yet), the mortar itseld soaked up an insane amount of primer (porous metal) For fantasy it would be my skaven clan rats, still going think they out number my IG troopers by alot (and still need to make sure they fit a movement tray, too much work for a regular trooper).

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I think I would stab myself with my paintbrush before I could get an army done. QUOTE]

i know how u feel. that y i went for a smaller army for 40k: so i didnt have much 2 paint, and an O&G army 4 whfb cuz thers so much variation.:)

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I've never had a mini I couldn't paint, but the one I least looked foreward to was Mareneus Calgar. Weedy Ultrabeakie. Love the Honor Guard, hate the big blue dude.

I did manage to write "kick me" on a piece of parchment affixed to the back of his Termie armor though. I use him as a Casualty marker.

Now that I think about it....Here's the list of my hated painting traumas.

-Night Goblins. Endless Night Goblins.

-Space Marines with exposed flesh. Wear your helmets!

-Anything related to the Ultramarines, besides the really awesome Honor Guard.

-Battlefleet Gothinc Nurgle ships.

-Pointy Eads' of any variety.

-Dirge

·
Registered
210 Posts
In WFB, Waywatchers ... the models are absolutely awesome, but the level of detail is so ridiculous I don't want to start because it'll take me until 2010 to finish.

in 40K, my entire DA army ... such a daunting task.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I personally hate painting tanks.
I'm fine with just about any type of infantry, but even with a tank brush I hate doing tanks.

·
Registered
995 Posts
I personally hate painting tanks.
I'm fine with just about any type of infantry, but even with a tank brush I hate doing tanks.
*GASP* How could you hate painting tanks?! A well painted tank is a thing of beauty. All tanky...and painted. So pretty. And I like it when the orks go CRUNCH underneath the treads.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts