Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Just curious, what is the worst cheater you've come across?

Thigs like, rolling 2+'s to hit, or using a high strength then they are meant to, you know? Maybe it only happens to me, and I'm going to get laughed at? Who knows.

Peace out :victory:

·
Registered
68 Posts
people who 'leapfrog' with things like landraiders & battlewagons (by leapfrogging I mean measuring from front to back rather than front to front)

·
Registered
795 Posts
Eventhough they have cleared this rule up I use to hate those that would move one model for an assault and then just pile everyone else in (and I mean literally pile everyone else in), so ofcourse you have no idea who is engaged to what, total chaos.

Also I use to hate when players would include rules from previous codexes for units or characters in their army.

·
Registered
353 Posts
This has happened to me when a new codex comes out, people play a game and make up or just make special rules or units better, counting on their opponents ignorance to pay off. Little did that sucker know I play the same army! HAH!

and the leapfrogging, picking up the "wrong" dice when rolling to hit/wound etc.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
Local player used to use a home made battlewagon that was about 18" long. first turn it moved 12" forward, pivotted about the front and gave him a charge to any point on the board... this is an extreme example but is by no means unusual. It means that I give him no leniancy at all in rules interp... often barely allowing him to do 'legal' moves (first time I faced a manticore firing directly was against him, and just based on who he was I assumed it wasnt allowed... toook 10 mins of readinf FAQs and codex for me to allow it- anyone else I would have had a 10s look at the maticore entry then allowed it).

·
Registered
390 Posts
I shall use 2000pts as this is the amount I normally use and I don't care that you only have 500pts
:ireful2: At least I tabled him:p

Also a space puppy player who claimed that his unit of 3 fenrisian wolves cost less than 7pts! He also claimed that as they were that cheap he was allowed to bring them back onto the table after I wiped them out! (I don't own the SW codex so do they have this rule? I seriously doubt it)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
i know for a fact that they dont 3 grots the cheapest troops units in the game cost 9 points

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
god i have played a lot of cheaters in my days. somebody moved the leading guy up 6 inches barley around a conor of a building and then he moved everyone one infront of the leading guy just to get out of line of sight so technically the last guy in the back was like 6 inches form the first guy so he moved the others atleast 12 inches behind a building. another guy was a daemon hunters player and one of his hq was allowed to have strength 10 for one turn and he said that it lasted the whole game and his retnuie of grey knight terminators all had S10 for the whole game. get this i still beat his ass too.ha ha ha i dont care what kind of cheese unit if i hit you with a vindicator you are dead. i had a game where the game was playing almost 500 points over the game it was a 2500 and he had 2975. the game was a tie on objectives. i generally dont ask if someone is wrong on something because i dont want to seem like an ass who acuses people of cheating but when i get home look up the codex and check there army codex then i use army builder to remake their list to see if it is at the right point cost and wether it is compatible. i dont get fooled twice either the next time i play someone who trys the same bull i correct them.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
:ireful2: At least I tabled him:p

Also a space puppy player who claimed that his unit of 3 fenrisian wolves cost less than 7pts! He also claimed that as they were that cheap he was allowed to bring them back onto the table after I wiped them out! (I don't own the SW codex so do they have this rule? I seriously doubt it)
The Space Wolf player tried to pull one over on you, each Fenrisian wolf is worth more points than that and each unit must be at least five strong.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I had a Spess Mahreen player tell me he didn't need a HQ or a second troop slot in 750 point games, because of combat tactics. He used termies, 1 marine squad, dread, and devastators w/ lascannons. Not 750, but still cheating. I didn't care, because I really wasn't up to another argument with the punk. He earlier tried to tell me the marines with the lascannons automatically hit and penetrated the front of the Rhino I had. I'm not playing nice with him next time.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Assaulted my squad of upgraded stealers (second army in build) on some chaos, the stealers had toxin sacs and adrenal glands, I rolled to hit and did well, something like 14 hits including 4's and was then told I was not allowed to roll to wound (removes my stealers rending on 6's) because I had toxin sacs ??? and that is all I am allowed .... go figure what a turkey
He wanted to rewrite the rule book to remove the roll to wound bit.
I hate the dice scammers, roll their dice in the middle of the same coloured dice already on the table then start cherry picking

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I had a Spess Mahreen player tell me he didn't need a HQ or a second troop slot in 750 point games, because of combat tactics. He used termies, 1 marine squad, dread, and devastators w/ lascannons. Not 750, but still cheating. I didn't care, because I really wasn't up to another argument with the punk. He earlier tried to tell me the marines with the lascannons automatically hit and penetrated the front of the Rhino I had. I'm not playing nice with him next time.
Why, oh why, oh why, oh why would you voluntarily play against this asshole again?
Sometimes you get nice people who turn into jerks when they play, so while its a bit draining to play them again you'll do it because they are generally ok people to be around... but if the kindest thing you can say about someone is that they are a complete tool then just kick them to the curb and dont play them again...

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
A guy who was playing Eldar and would reverse the stats of strength and ap. So his guardians had ap3 guns that were strength 5.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Why, oh why, oh why, oh why would you voluntarily play against this asshole again? "Or in the first place?"
Well, honestly, I don't know many people who play 40k. I went to the only local shop to play, and after waiting for 3 hours for a game, this guy showed up. My work and home life command most of my time, so getting a game is rather rare. I only lost by one kill point, I used 2 chaos lords, 24 marines, and an obliterator. I avoided his termies and took the marines in cc and shot the Dread. Oh well, can't blame a guy for trying.:eek:k:

·
Registered
477 Posts
People who move 8 inches instead of 6..

People who tell me its a space marine special rule that multimeltas and meltaguns can fire out of a rhino moving at cruising speed... Your names Andy..

People who assure me their list is 2k when actually its probably close to 2500.. Yes Jimmy I am talking to you..

People who upgrade their troops situationly during a game, dont pay for upgrades or move their nob bikers an extra 4 inches.. Yes Mark I am talking to you..

And my absolute pet hate with cheats... STOP PRETENDING YOU DIDNT KNOW THAT FUCKING RULE!

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
Not really cheaters as such but I did go to a regional tournament where an opponent (presumably not familiar with eldar) was using the iron warriors list from chaos codex 3.5 (it was a few years back) and instead of bombarding my troops he directed a bombardment of questions about every single special rule and aspect of the army in full detail. In others words he believed that I was a dumb kid who would spoon feed him a way to defeat my army by asking nicely. Luckily I got a draw out of the game by stalling him by answering slowly and "forgetting" my rules so I had to get the codex out every 5 minutes.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts