Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting with 1000 points. Please be critical of this list and don't hesitate t make suggestions to make this a larger force.

Lord, Mark of Khorne, Lightning Claws (130 points)

Bezerkers x8, Skull Champ, Powerfist (208 points)

Rhino, Extra Armour, Combi Melta (60 points)

Land Raider, Daemonic Possession (240 points)

Obliterators x2 (xxx points)

I would like to get icons in too deep strike the oblits.

Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Land raider is a tad over kill for 1000 points. But It'd work.

Not really alot else to cover, in 1000 points theres not really that much tactics to it.

Good troops, Good HQ (although I prefer and i would suggest using Kharn the betrayer), Oblits are good, you might wanna make them into Separate Squads tho, as you have the slots to do so.

Your list will do fine.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm starting with 1000 points. Please be critical of this list and don't hesitate t make suggestions to make this a larger force.

Lord, Mark of Khorne, Lightning Claws (130 points)

Not Bad Basic but effective I like that

Again Pretty decent

same as above

Rhino, Extra Armour, Combi Melta (60 points)

drop the extra armour

Land Raider, Daemonic Possession (240 points)

In low-point games this thing is kinda a waste i;d drop if for another rhino with combi melta

Obliterators x2 (xxx points)

I would like to get icons in too deep strike the oblits.

Tell me what you think.
if my math is right (my only weakness) if u drop the Extra armour and the LR you could pick up a rhino just like the one for the other berzerker sqaud, boost the sqauds up to 9 each and take a second unit of Oblits. As for the deep striking for 1000pts just playing them on the field shouldn't be to big of a problem though i'm sure u could fight a icon here and there if u play around actually if my math right if you give the squads the upgrade mentioned above u still have enough points to give each unit a personal icon

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Don't drop the Extra Armour.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
Extra armour is a blessing, stuck it on a combat dread and it was good times! Take kharn and stick him in the LR with squad of zerkers and enjoy the rampage!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Hail,

The original list is good, but I find a Land Raider in 1000pt games little too much, you will already be outnumbered by most armies. I've got 2 lists that I've used in the past with success(one that is very close to yours):

Number 1:
HQ- Lord, MoK, lightning claws 130

Troop1- 8 Berzerkers, Skull Champ, Power Fist, Rhino 243

Troop2- 8 Berzerkers, Skull Champ, Power Fist, Rhino 243

Troop3- 8 Berzerkers, Skull Champ, Power Weapon, Rhino 233

Heavy Support1- 2 Obliterators 150
999 points. This list loses the Land Raider for another Berzerker squad.

Number 2:
HQ1- Daemon Prince, MoK, wings 140

HQ2- Daemon Prince, MoK, wings 140

Troop1- 8 Berzerkers, Skull Champ, powerfist, rhino, 243

Troop2- 8 Berzerkers, Skull Champ, powerfist, rhino, 243

Heavy Support1- 3 Obliterators 225
991 pts. You can have 1 Icon or if allowed to go to 1001, get 2.
You can also have the Oblits in 3 separate squads if thats your preference.

Use either list or not(or both!:victory:), just somethings to consider.

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Registered
594 Posts
I agree that the Land Raider is a bit of a point sink for games under 1500. Except in very specific situations, you'll get far more killy out of an extra squad of zerkers. Also for the love of god dont drop the Extra Armour on the Rhinos!
The primary duty of rhinos is to deliver their cargo and provide mobile cover. If they get a "Crew Stunned" they can't accomplish this, because they cant move.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
World Eater, is there a particular reason you chose a lord over Kharn aside from points?

An additional squad outways the need for extra armour? I don't really have the models to make a third squad but I'll take it into consideration.

I'm not sure of what strategy to use deploying from rhinos. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Rhinos containing berserkers need extra armour. They are useless when footslogging and therefore need every help they can get of reaching their target.

All rhinos containing berserkers should move 12 inches towards their target in turn 1. Then pop smoke.. Then do not forget that you cannot move a Rhino or even turn it on the spot if you wish to assault with the berserkers in the same turn. Although of course it is free to move afterwards.

Usually however, zerkers are not in range after turn 1 so if the rhino survives move them forward again and disembark. Either run them into cover or sit tight and hope that the rhino doesnt explode until you can charge next turn.

I would try a list more like this..

Kharn the Betrayer (165 points)

Rhino, Extra Armour (50 points)

7 CSM w/ Meltagun (115 Points) Kharn with these for a total of 8 in the unit.. Khorne will be pleased.. :p

Obliterators x2 (150 points)

This list is probably as optimal as you will get it staying on the same guidelines.. Swapping the lord for Kharn is no contest.. Kharn can charge and kill ANYTHING.. even landraiders if you are lucky.

Also you get cheaper models with CSM so if Kharn starts killing his own you are only losing CSM instead of the more expensive zerkers..

Also dont put meltas on rhinos.. They are for getting from A to B. You cannot move 12" AND fire.. so leave them at home. The meltagun in the CSM squad will help you somewhat too.. Meaning that you can have a pop at a transport and open it like a tin can for Kharn to charge at its contents...

EDIT: A defiler in here would be nice because its presence would direct lascannons away from your rhinos.. Losing the obliterators might not be a terrible thing at 1000 points. However if you do keep the oblits they can deepstrike in on Kharn. He has an icon.

·
Registered
483 Posts
World Eater, is there a particular reason you chose a lord over Kharn aside from points?

An additional squad outways the need for extra armour? I don't really have the models to make a third squad but I'll take it into consideration.

I'm not sure of what strategy to use deploying from rhinos. Any suggestions?
Hail,

The reason for the Lord was that I ran that list before. I also don't try to change your list to the point that you'll have to purchase, 2 DP's, 36 Berzerkers, 9 Obliterators, 7 more Kharn minis, etc.

Kharn the Betrayer, just look at my tag-line at the end of my posts! Kill!Maim!Burn! I come from old-school play style. There was a time you had to ask your opponent's permission to play special characters, so you can imagine that majority of the time (89.7% to be exact) you left Kharn in your minis case. Also, I play a lot of 'campaign' style games (you use the same or slightly modified list for every battle for many games) and special characters that were removed from play during a game, could no longer be used for the rest of the campaign. Some of my campaigns lasted for more than 20 games!

Extra armour. Yes it is good. But everyone knows I play World Eaters, so my rhinos are hit until 8 or 9 glancings or 3 penetrating hits, so why waste 15 points. I agree with everyone else's advice, if you wish to use extra armour go for it. I think the basic rhino is a steal for its base price, keep it simple and have many targets.

Rhino strategy. Tank shock (i rarely get to do this, see above lol) then deploy and charge scattered units. Otherwise use them for what they are for, cover as much ground as possible.

BFTBG!!

World Eater

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
posting from work

Had a bit of a play with the Codex, and came up with 1,000- and 1,500-point Khornate lists for you:

HQ
• Lord of Khorne
- Mark of Khorne; paired lightning claws
130 points

TROOPS
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with power weapon; Rhino
233 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with power weapon; Rhino
233 points
• 8 Lesser Daemons of Khorne
104 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• Defiler - heavy flamer replaced with extra close-combat arm
150 points

TOTAL:
1,000 points

HQ
• Khârn the Betrayer

165 points

ELITES
• 5 Chosen
- Icon of Chaos Glory; 5 meltaguns
150 points

TROOPS
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers
- Skull Champion with powerfist and meltabombs; Rhino
248 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino
243 points
• 8 Khorne Berzerkers - Skull Champion with powerfist; Rhino
243 points

HEAVY SUPPORT
• 2 Obliterators

150 points
• 2 Obliterators
150 points
• Defiler - heavy flamer replaced with extra close-combat arm
150 points

TOTAL:
1,499 points

hth

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Problem is, 1 Defiler dosn't end up doing alot, Taken out before the 3rd Turn, waste of 150 points, you'll need 2.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I didn't mean get rid of it. ;) I also Love Defilers, I just meant run 2 or 3. :DDDD Khorne is so awesome. :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
with 2x 4 DCCW defilers svarts 1,000 pt list looks good!:victory:

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Why exactly is a Land Raider a poor choice? Is it mostly a sportsmanship standpoint? I have never used them in a Chaos army.

·
Craw-Daddy
4,472 Posts
To be honest with you, I would never put kharn in a squad with my zerkers. Statistically, he suppose to kill someone in your squad every turn. And those are attacks you need. A loss of four attacks a turn statistically (and I'm not putting about bad luck) without suffering casualities from the enemy is bad. I like kharn but he's a guy you'd send on a random mission to keep an enemy unit busy for many turns.

Transportation: I love Land Raiders. Great assault vehichals as they are good at having for destroying enemy vehichals or monstrous creatures. However a lot of these heretics are right in saying that you might one to see if you can make those points into more units in this size of a game. I recommend you get another rhino with daemonic possession anda cheaper heavy. Obliterators are good or vindicator with daemonic possession.

Good luck,
love khorne armies

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What I'm worried about is that I have so little experience with World Eaters I don't know if I'm comfortable with any strategy other than driving a Land Raider at my opponent and spitting out some Bezerkers. That and all my other Rhinos are painted Emperor's Children pink. In the future I will move my troops to Rhinos as I add more points. Maybe us my Land Raider for Terminators.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I think it is sportmanship really, If i played a 1000 point game, And some guy fielded a Land Raider, I'd just be like... Fffffffffffffffffffffffff.

But with all Khorne armies, it's a case of driving your rhino's fullspeed whilst your screaming FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

:mrgreen:

EDIT: Advice: It's the same with all armies Donner, you will loose alot at first, but when you get the hang of it it starts to pay off; Just gotta Keep the faith really. :mrgreen:

The Blood God cares not who's Blood is Spilled.

·
Registered
398 Posts
just a fun suggestion try a khorne lord with demon weapon, its risky but its worked well for me, while its true you have a chance to mess up and cut yourself you also have a chance to do an ungodly amount of attacks from the one character if you roll decent numbers, (statistics say on average you'll get around 6-8 extra attacks) its risky but eh its chaos take chances and some times it will pay off, other times well he'll hit himself in the face but its all a good laugh

p.s. its not an ungodly amount of attacks if khorne is your god in fact i think it would be considered very godly, and it is a game after all, and i have never had more fun with a single model then the khorne demon weapon

1 - 20 of 20 Posts