Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
I like the idea of this list but you haven't been very efficient with whats in it. For 2000 points all you really have is three squads and a dreadnought. If you swap the two smaller bezerker squads for marked marines you can get some anti armour in to the list. if you're opponents are all sat in tanks at least you can crack some nuts.
Also the dread claws will be scoring.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Do you need the dread in a pod?
that dread unit must be nearly 300 points.
Two things I would suggest 1. Get some havocs with melta in the dreadclaw instead of the dread. After all it has a las cannon. 2 is swap the dread unit for the 3 dread formation, they have deep strike so don't need pods.
Also I would bump the bezerkers up to 20
Infantry

and put kharn with another claw squad of nine. Then give the champ a combi. Would it not be better to swap the apostle for a lord, especially if you give him the black axe. With him in one and kharn in the other, everyone is fearless.
I think overall your gonna have problems with elite infantry and armour heavy lists. But either way you're gonna have some fun.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Some other tweaks if you lose vets and swap the mutations for meltabombs you can get some meltaguns for the squads.
Also swap the power sword for a lighting claw or power axe on the bezerkers.
Instead of the havocs how about
a black axe lord with melta bombs 125
Gives you 94 left if you lose a guy off the remaining 10 man. Then get power axe's for the champs then if you're feeling fluffy a khorne mutilater as a lone red butcher.
Every squad could do something to everything.
But you're still npt getting much for your points. But I presume you are looking for a themed list over competitive.

Go harvest some skulls.

On a side note, you do realise that if you have no model on the table it's an auto lose!

·
Registered
866 Posts
I have given mutations a go a few times and have always been of no effect or just shit. Either way not worth the 10 points. Vets is also not worth it in the squads with characters. Axes on the champs may give you something back. Or an invulnerable save for the lord.
I hope it helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts