Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am working on a new guard army with only 5 tanks if i decide to use them a hellhound two leman russ and 2 chimeras, what do ppl think about a no tank guard list ?

i have over 200 men including a new steel legion squad with a extra two h.bolters

and thoughts on a all infanty list ?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Vets, Vets and Vets! The BS4 is crucial. Throw 2 squads with special weapons (think plasma) in the Chimeras. You want to put heavy weapon teams together 3 Heavy Bolters for Dakka is always fun. You have a lot of guard so I would build 2-3 platoons and make a gun line, get the vets in the chimeras to take objectives, move them an the Russes together, with a Russ on each side covering their side armour. Hunker a commander in the infantry squads for orders, maybe blob 2-3 squads together for tons of fun with First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire (30 troops = 60 or 90 shots).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vets, Vets and Vets! The BS4 is crucial. Throw 2 squads with special weapons (think plasma) in the Chimeras. You want to put heavy weapon teams together 3 Heavy Bolters for Dakka is always fun. You have a lot of guard so I would build 2-3 platoons and make a gun line, get the vets in the chimeras to take objectives, move them an the Russes together, with a Russ on each side covering their side armour. Hunker a commander in the infantry squads for orders, maybe blob 2-3 squads together for tons of fun with First Rank Fire, Second Rank Fire (30 troops = 60 or 90 shots).
its a work in progess, the steel legion added two more H.bolters, the only extra outside is a squad of ratlings and 3 sentinels , mostly the squads are either flamers or g.lauchers, there is a Kasrkin squad with plasma gun, which is one thing am lacking but i do have a good Blood Angels forces i can use

·
Registered
424 Posts
Well if flamers and grenade launchers is all you have at the moment give the vets the launchers as the flamers are a waste. The reason you want to keep your heavy weapons teams together is so you don't have to move them once you place, or at least try to place, them in cover. Your general outlook with what you have told us would look like this:

HQ
CCS, Flamers x 4
Elites
Ratling Snipers x 3
Troops
PCS, Flamers x 4
Infantry
Infantry
Infantry
Heavy Weapons Teams, Heavy Bolters x 3
Vets, ANY Special Weapons or Grenade Launcher, Chimera
Vets, ANY Special Weapons or Grenade Launcher, Chimera
Fast Attack
Hellhound
Sentinels x 3
Heavy Support
Leman Russ, Heavy Bolter x 3
Leman Russ, Heavy Bolter x 3

The extra bolters on the Leman Russes can be dropped but I like them for 20 points. If you still have troops, and depending on the points you're playing add another Platoon with the same infantry make up.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes aswell on here i am finding out that not many ppl like flamers, i see your list and basically it will work out like that expect the tanks , thinkning off still using the hellhound, another thing is commissars , i only have 3 , one lord two basic

·
Registered
424 Posts
I LOVE flamers, but in Vendettas as Special Weapons teams for late game objective takers. I only use a Commissar if I'm stuffing Ogryns in a chimera for some CC, or if I have Yarrick in his Fortress of Arrogance. Should be interesting whatever you choose. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I LOVE flamers, but in Vendettas as Special Weapons teams for late game objective takers. I only use a Commissar if I'm stuffing Ogryns in a chimera for some CC, or if I have Yarrick in his Fortress of Arrogance. Should be interesting whatever you choose. Good luck!
its just rounding off and finishing list, but cheers thanks for you advice and comments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts