Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,688 Posts
I think you're taking the concept too literally for several reasons.

A- The concept isn't about a 7 foot alien hunter that uses a photon launcher, monomolecular claws, and a cloaking device to stalk a team of commandos in the jungle. The concept is about a team of solders being hunted by a monster.

B- The team of solders are the scouts. The Monster may not be (and I'll honest probably won't be) a mauler fiend like what the model presents. At the moment, I'm just referencing the mauler fiend because it fits the bill, of a monster hunting through the city, better then say the Predator Tank, a HelBrute the Forge Fiend, or the HelDrake.

That's... the exact same basic concept. a man versus nature story of a bunch of solders facing off with a monster.
I realized that once I posted it.
Could you be a bit more specific as to what you want in terms of help?

· Registered
1,688 Posts
At this stage it's just the "Hey here's an idea that could be connected to this story let me write it down." stage, which also seems to where the logs have gotten jammed up. What's worked best for me in the past with this kind of mental jam is just talking about stuff. People asking questions about stuff that I've already written. That's what I'm asking for right now. Just... come back and forth convo about it to help get the logs moving again. a little verbal fibre to help move the stuff through.
So aside from the basic outline what do you have? What's the city like? is it a agriculture city or a hive or a century old city?

all I can think of right now.

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Given what I was thinking of regarding Bargose, I'm thinking it's a besieged Forge World, one of the smaller more minor capacity style forge worlds, heavily industrialized, but not a forge world setup for the likes of Titans or Super heavies but something like Leman Russes or Chimeras. So it's a supply node for the Imperial Guards, but not the Space marines so the Imperial Fists would respond to the distress calls of the Guard and the.... the dudes with machines that my brain is refusing to think of the name for but yeah. The imperial respond because they have to, not because their obligated to, so they're deploying select forces to support and aide allied forces rather then an out right detachment to save the world itself.
The mechanius?

So what's the forge world like? Is it a city world like coursant? Towering hives complete with plenty of open spaces?

· Registered
1,688 Posts
YES! The mechanicus! Thank you! Stupid brain.

But not like Courscant with the total covering of massive buildings. Still industrilized, but not with nothing but 500 story buildings. More like a city battle in the post-apoc Detroit. Lots of blasted industrial complexes that might as well be mechanical Forrest, if that makes any sense.
Sooo? Black hawk down?

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Rynn's world has a very very small subplot of something similar to this. A scout's actions lead to the death of a captain and several battle brothers.

Unfortunately the entire thing is just barely covered before the real plot begins. So having a story dedicated just to those events would be cool.

Company of heros 2 also has a similar style for a story, so playing that might be worth while to get ideas as to what you could do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.