Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i want to know could this Templar list pull anything off just a curiosity.

Hq
Emperors Champion, Accept any Challenge. 140pts
Marshal, Fist, Iron Halo, Combi-Melta, Adamantine Mantle, Terminator Honours 195pts

Troops
5 Initiates, Missile, Plasma, Lazback. 186pts
8 Initiates, Melta, Power Weapon, Frags, Rhino, Smk, Ex Armour. 206

Fast Attack
Speeder, Multi-Melta, Heavy Flamer. 75pts

So thats 1736 any thoughts on what i could add for the last few points and looks pretty okay its got mobility AT and fire support + CC
CaC requested :)

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
The Marshall seems out of place... he doesn't have anywhere to go.... I'd drop him and a speeder and add in a couple of Preds or dreads instead... The leadership thing is nice, but I don't think it's 195 points nice. Also, why Plasma? I'm assuming those guys will be deployed back and in cover to shoot things... so the Plasma would only be beneficial at short range...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well there is a decent blood angels guy in my area they are to counter his deep striking ass squads he always fields and ill try a game or 2 with the marshal and a couple with the preds or dreds thx for the option

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After thinking about it i like your idea even more here is the revised list.

Hq
Emperors Champion, Accept any Chanllenge. 140

Troops
8 Initiates, Melta, Power Weapon, Frags, Rhino, Ext Armour, Smk, Pintle Storm Bolter 216pts
8 Initiates, Melta, Power Weapon, Frags, Rhino, Ext Armour, Smk, Pintle Storm Bolter 216pts

Fast Attack

Heavy Support
Predator Destructor, Lascannons. 125pts

Now i know it looks wierd but my reasoning behind the pintle Storm Bolters is to stop immobilisation for as long as possible on my combat squads could be worth a try.Again CaC is welcome.

·
Registered
304 Posts
After thinking about it i like your idea even more here is the revised list.

Hq
Emperors Champion, Accept any Chanllenge. 140

Troops

Fast Attack

Heavy Support

Now i know it looks wierd but my reasoning behind the pintle Storm Bolters is to stop immobilisation for as long as possible on my combat squads could be worth a try.Again CaC is welcome.
Looks pretty good to me.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh wait small mess up on my part, forgot to add frags to unit costs so each templar combat unit is 214pts no pintle stormbolter.Damn mistakes :p

·
Registered
22 Posts
I don't like playing with the LS, so I can't say if they work because I normally use some jumpers or bikes.

I like your list, but I only see problems in close combats. I think I will try a similar combination at 1000pts to see how it works.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts