Discussion Starter #1
Tooled up CC daemon prince
Tooled up CC lieutenant

Two squads of 8 possesed with tooled up AC

Two squads of 8 marines with tooled up AC with PF

8 bloodthirsters
8 plaguebearers
8 furies

basically used the squads as ablative armour to deliver uber hard Str 5 AC with lightning claws.

Daemons for fluff.

This is a tried and tested force now which always does well. With the aspiring champions there are six very hard models on the table. I have beaten most armies and only lost badly to an IG army defending bunkers on a table with no cover!

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really find bloodthirsters hit or miss depending on summoning.

The three guys who are consistently man of the match are the lieutenant and the possesed AC's. Strength 5 LC's are simply awesome against infantry and light vehicles.

Although hard I usually find the boss is a better decoy than anything.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Yeah 8 bloodthirsters is pretty savage :)

what are the possessed packing? i use mine with Talons[plus mark of khorne]

·
Registered
74 Posts
How does the list handle missions? You have one fast moving unit and maybe fast moving IC's. No infiltrate either for the foot sloggers. It just seems awfully easy to avoid most of your army.

·
Registered
34 Posts
were are the deamonettes??
rending at I 5 (or they misseal well be) with 3A on the charge
tanks dont last long at all

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Man, if you were to actually throw down the cash for 8 Bloodthirsters, you should get to use them. I mean, eight of 'em cost more than a 2000 point army usually does anyway. :roll: 50 bucks a pop x 8 = $400 US plus tax... :wink:

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As for how they work they are remarkably nippy!

Both IC's have daemonic charge, works better than flight for me as opponents tend to forget until its too late.

All the AC's and IC's have icons (free for squads) so as I said a good summoning role and they can be pretty far in to the fight.

It is however a fun army and I don't do real tournaments but I wouldn't think it would be that good against good generals with mobile firepower. Up close though I have stuffed a couple of Khorne armies because it is pretty maxed out for CC.

For the possessed I give the AC lightning claws, mutation and spiky bits.

This was my first chaos army and I wanted a mix of daemons and hard charachters none of which I had in previous armies.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Its a pretty nice list if the opp is not thinking enough to just sit there or move right at you thinking they have the CC advantage (laugh) but a mobile army much like eldar skimmers or anything that can shoot on the run will provide a challange... i should kno i tried going up against eldar falcons with a simular set up, bah just got shot to pieces

·
Registered
999 Posts
You have no real tank punch. How do you deal with armor and an opponent who knows how to use it?

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just ignore it if possible, but it is only a fun army and you are right it suffers massively against anyone with tanks.

·
Banned
677 Posts
I found that Word Bearers work the best with marine squads, en masse. You can have 9, so throw out 91+ marines on that board! Nothing will stop your tide of icky red & silver.
Of course, bloodletters are amazingly powerful if used right...

Khaine

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I played a friendly 2000 points today against a 13th company 1500pt with 500pt IG allies.

Tooled up CC DP.
Speedy lieutenant.

Eight possessed includin AC with LC's

Six marine las/plas AC with PF.
Six marine las/plas AC with PF.
Six marine plas/plas AC with PF.
Eight marine melta/melta AC with LC's.
Eight marine melta/melta AC with LC's.
8 furies
8 Bloodletters

nine havocs 2 x autocannons and two HB's

I scraped a win with the lieutenant and the possessed AC being the men of the match as usual. That is only 52 marines but I'm not painting another 40 or so to test your theory.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts