Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No titans allowed for this first "little" game. GCs are allowed.

Word Bearers
HQ
-Plain Legion Praetor 100 points
Troops
-10 man Legion Tactical Squad 150 points
Elites
-Contemptor Dreadnought Talon of 3 Contemptor Dreads Plain 525 points
-Contemptor Dreadnought Talon of 3 Contemptor Dreads Plain 525 points
Heavy Support
-Legion Spartan Assault Tank w/ Armored Ceramite, & Flare Shields 340 points
-Legion Spartan Assault Tank w/ Armored Ceramite, & Flare Shields 340 points

Daemon Allies
Lord of War
-Aetaos'Rau'Keres, The Slayer of Souls 999 points
HQ
-Great Unclean One with Corpulescence 210 points
-Great Unclean One with Corpulescence, Daemonic Resilience & Mastery Level 3 280 points
Troops
-1 unit of 3 Nurgling bases 45 points
-1 unit of 3 Nurgling bases 45 points
Total: 3999 or 4000. Whatevs.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
I'd have to look at this list closer to give more in depth feedback, but for a start its illegal as the Morait can't be your mandatory HQ, so you'll need another which will mean getting rid of something as you are over-points already.

Second, for 4000 point you have nearly nothing in the way of troops, so you could easily be screwed over there.

Third, I don't thing having that many heavy conversion beamers is a good idea. For one thing, your opponent just has to stay within 42" range and all their MEQ saves are fine and won't really feel the effect of a large blast. For another thing, all your opponent has to do if force your Dreadnoughts to move and they suddenly become dead weight because they can't fire.

Fourth, I'm not really sure what the Spartans are doing here other than being an annoyance. If you are wanting their guns, there are cheaper ways to get 8 Lascannon shots. If you want them for their transport capacity you don't have anything that warrants a 25 person transport.

All in all, after you've made it legal, it looks like it would be a scary list to face if your opponent only had say 2000 points to use, but at 4000 I could easily anticipate lists that would run circles around this list.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
You need to have another HQ to field a Moritat.

You have no troops. You need to hold objectives. Even with the random mission objectives allowing Heavy Support or Fast Attack to score, you do not have enough units to bring.

At 4000 points, your opponent is likely to have suicidal Meltabomb Squads (no, Armoured Ceramite does not protect) and/or Chainfists galore.

Heavy Conversion beamers suck.

You're, erm, 25points over the 4000 limit.

Can't comment too much on Daemons, as I don't use them. However, the Meta strengths of Daemons aren't actually in use here, so I'm not sure that they're actually adding all that much.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You need to have another HQ to field a Moritat.

You have no troops. You need to hold objectives. Even with the random mission objectives allowing Heavy Support or Fast Attack to score, you do not have enough units to bring.

At 4000 points, your opponent is likely to have suicidal Meltabomb Squads (no, Armoured Ceramite does not protect) and/or Chainfists galore.

Heavy Conversion beamers suck.

You're, erm, 25points over the 4000 limit.

Can't comment too much on Daemons, as I don't use them. However, the Meta strengths of Daemons aren't actually in use here, so I'm not sure that they're actually adding all that much.
Aetaos'Rau'Keres is the single most powerful non titan/ bio-titan thing there is. I'd say he's as good as a Reaver and he's cheaper to boot.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Really? Damn; if only my opponents where such idiots:grin: Personally I love the randomness of the current Daemon codex as it fits quite well with the army. Yes it can turn around and bite you in the ass every now and then but if you're playing a Daemon army you're not playing to win anyway.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really? Damn; if only my opponents where such idiots:grin: Personally I love the randomness of the current Daemon codex as it fits quite well with the army. Yes it can turn around and bite you in the ass every now and then but if you're playing a Daemon army you're not playing to win anyway.
Its objectively the only place where it doesn't belong.
Does the Daemon spontaneously develop gifts at the very start of the battle? Really?
Plus it adds significant time to the game in large amounts.
The Warp Storm, Instability, and Heavy Deepstriking all make sense. Random gifts? Naw dog that's just stupid.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Its objectively the only place where it doesn't belong.
Does the Daemon spontaneously develop gifts at the very start of the battle? Really?
Plus it adds significant time to the game in large amounts.
The Warp Storm, Instability, and Heavy Deepstriking all make sense. Random gifts? Naw dog that's just stupid.
I personally don't think it's stupid but to each his own I guess..:good:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts