Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Word Bearers and others log(warning pic heavy)Relic Contemptor Dreadnought UPDATE!

Hey i though it was about time i start a log of my Word Bearers and other stuff(mainly chaos and loyalists), iv been contemplating it for awhile but i finally decided to do it.
Now im pretty proud of what iv done so far with my armies iv improved a hell of alot of the past year,
but im still not very good anyway i have quite a few pics of the squads i have managed to complete and i have a few WIP pics aswell, what im going to show is only a small amount of what iv got which is 10,000pts of chaos marines and almost all of that is only sprayed black,(so forgive me for been a very slow painter lol).
anyway on to the pics

Azot the Hater

Blood Reavers 1st Anointed Coterie

The Reapers 1st Rapter Coterie

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
some more

Dark Thunder 1st Havoc Coterie

The WIP's

Nefile the Tormentor

Dark Apostle Kogoth

Biker Champion from squad Raging Death 1st Bike Coterie

Aspiring Champion from squad Dark Rage 3rd Troop Coterie

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the other chaos stuff

from left to right: Skull Champion of squad Gorefeeders 2nd Berzerker Squad, Noise Champion from squad Discord 1st Noise squad, Aspiring Champion of squad Slow Death 1st Troop Coterie.

Warrior-Brother Ekeloth The Decayed

Nalar of the Black Pandemic

Nabor the Plague Ridden

bzrol'slth'hal - blood slaughterer

Inush the defiler

Typhus Herald of Nurgle

Lucius the Eterenal

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
I simply love the WB:ers and they would have been the army I would have chosen if I hadnt gone for Emperors Children. Currently got my own thread up and running.

Termies and Daemon Prince are definitely my favorites. I have wished for a DP as a Christmas present, but will buy one if I dont get it. This totally got me some tips for how I should make it. Got som many ideas.

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
posting from work

Looking good; Word Bearers have a lot of conversion possibilities, given their fondness for all things Daemonic, so it's nice to see some thought going into an army of them. Nefile's skin is nice, but looks as though it could use a little more highlighting and contrast perhaps; hard to be sure from that picture, though, since it is a tad on the dark side. I really like Nabor's face, the eyes in particular really pop.

Nice stuff, have some rep and I'm looking forward to seeing more :)

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
thanks for the rep :grin:

Ah yes nabor, he was actually inspired by your work on your death guard Svartmetall which i thank you for your amazing work.
As to nefile hes still in the WIP stage so yep his skin needs abit more work on it, I'm also planning on doing tattooed scripture work on his skin as well as on his armour and tabard to make him a bit more recognizable as a Word Bearer.

What im planning to do with the bases is nothing to fancy really, they'll be graveled and painting in sort of a volcanic colours and to vary them ill add bits debris, helms different sized rocks and abit of fauna, but i want to concentrate on painting my models first as i have quite abit.

In the next few days i should also be adding pictures of my Iron hands so far as well.

Thanks for the comments guys:grin:

p.s i should be starting my word bearers dreadnaught soon, looking forward to it.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Quick update

Iv started started a new daemon prince which will be a converted nurgle prince only started the basic stuff (forgive the bad GSing i havnt done any in about 6month so im out of practice)

started my dreadnought aswell

and hopefully this should help me with my painting, got it as a xmas present as well as a bunch of GW hobby equipment

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
...forgive the bad GSing i havnt done any in about 6month so im out of practice....
At least it has not been long enough for your greenstuff to go funny (not that it ever happened to me:whistle:).

...hopefully this should help me with my painting, got it as a xmas present as well as a bunch of GW hobby equipment

I have been considering getting an annular lamp; I would be interested in how yours performs.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well its working out pretty good, it uses a daylight bulb so its pretty darn bright, the magnification is good, eyes will so much easier now, its also got and increased magnification on a small part of the lens, i was thinking about getting something similar myself, but dont need to now lol,
id say well worth buying one.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Got some really great looking stuff here! That DP is fantastic! Keep up the good work. +rep

·
Super Moderator
8,559 Posts
Well its working out pretty good, it uses a daylight bulb so its pretty darn bright, the magnification is good, eyes will so much easier now, its also got and increased magnification on a small part of the lens, i was thinking about getting something similar myself, but dont need to now lol,
id say well worth buying one.
Sounds excellent; which brand is yours?

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Lovig the use of loyalist bits. Also like the poses you achieved in the raptors. Daemon prices and special characters are well done. Why are all the weapons solid silver? Seems flat but thats just me. Everything else is very nice and well exicuted.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Sounds excellent; which brand is yours?
i think its called light-craft
http://www.shesto.co.uk/m12/Light-C...escent_Table_Lamp_Magnifier/product_info.html

Lovig the use of loyalist bits. Also like the poses you achieved in the raptors. Daemon prices and special characters are well done. Why are all the weapons solid silver? Seems flat but thats just me. Everything else is very nice and well exicuted.
im not sure what you mean by the weapons are solid silver?

·
Great Unclean One
2,611 Posts
I'd vote for the top and bottom right, they sort of make a matched pair as it is. Maybe replace the fingers with Spawn spines for more of a clawed look? Anyway, this looks like it'll be pretty nifty once done. Have some rep :)

EDIT: dammit, seems I need to spread it around a bit more...

1 - 20 of 157 Posts