Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a list I've been toying around with recently. It was designed to remain fluffy to the Word Bearers style of chaos as a pantheon with daemon-heavy armies. I'd like to see what you think.

chaos lieutenant
MOCU, accursed crozius, bolt pistol, spiky bits, frag grenades, daemonic strength and resilience, infiltrate

7 chaos space marines
MOCU, lascannon, plasma gun, infiltrate, aspiring champion w/ powerfist and personal icon

7 chaos space marines
MOCU, lascannon, plasma gun, infiltrate, aspiring champion w/ powerfist and personal icon

10 daemonettes

8 flamers

10 furies

Marines deal with tanks, or infantry if no tank presents itself. Daemonettes go for units with good armor saves like MEQs or terminators, or alternatively can try to rip open a vehicle. Flamers let loose on any squads of light infantry, and should kill an average of 2-3 MEQs if there isn't any light infantry. Furies zip out and tie up any squads that I don't want shooting me. Each marine squad can summon, and the accursed crozius also counts as a personal icon.

I'm flirting with the idea of putting the lieutenant on a bike for fluff's sake (zipping around, waving his crozius, spreading the word of chaos), and possibly replacing the plasma guns with meltaguns for added anti-tank capability (at the expense of some anti-infantry) what do you think?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Just a few points, I'drop the personal Icons off the champions, units with MOCU get them free and you can put them on the champs anyway.

I'd put the daemonettes down to 8, 10 is a bit overkill.

Furies are very good, but again 10 is too many. I'd think about dropping the unit to 6 or just split to 2 units of 5.

I'd then use any spare points to bump your marines up to 8

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
The only reason to have the personal icons is if you're really worried about the position of the icon in the squad. A personal icon gives you a second focus point for the daemons, but you definitely don't need it. I wouldn't even give the squad's icon to the Aspiring Champion since a bad armor save from target saturation in the shooting phase takes out a huge amount of the squad's fighitng potential.

More importantly, your lieutenant has too many points in gifts. The Accursed Crozius is a daemon weapon, and a rather pricey one at that. The Crozius and Daemonic Strength are 50 points right there. I'd just drop resilience to make him legal. The protection the Crozius gives you is probably enough in 1000 points. You might consider taking Demagogue on him though-- that's not a Daemonic Gift and since you've only got fourteen CSM on the table... you might as well make sure they don't decide to leave.

Flamers are the shizzy. 2 Wounds and Doombolt. You need the anti-infantry support at range, and they'll do the trick. You don't need eight of 'em though. I'd just take five. Eight is expensive, even for my tastes.

I'd leave the Furies at 10, and try to bump the daemonettes up to at least 12. More is better, since the daemonettes are pretty soft on the receiving end.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts