- baleflamer

Heavy support - vindicator. X3
- siege sheild

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
How many points is this?

I would drop the raptors for a 2nd drake

Honestly possessed need a land raider or some form of transport or they will be shot to bits. They are not the best unit in the book, but are very fluffy. I would also drop the gift of mutation, their not worth the points

For the troopers I would drop the plasma pistols, I just don't think they are worth the crazy high cost

with the spare points once these upgrades are gone and raptors are replaced you could likey get another troop unit

I'm not the biggest fan of vindis but they can really do the job for you if they get to fire

·
Registered
432 Posts
A few things. (sorry if this seems scratchy but i had just type a big reply to this post and for some reason it went BACK on my internet and now its all gone -_-)

I'd scrap the possessed, firstly, because possessed are a lot of points (280 points for your squad of 10 with 2 GoMs). With these points I would put 2 psyker levels on your Dprince and a spell familiar for more 'Roids. Nothing is more terrifying than a flying S6 D6attack AP2 monster with a Tz spell and a biomancy spell.

Secondly, break up the cultists into 3 squads, 2 of 10 and 1 of 15. More chance to hold objectives (and free your marines to do more killing - and do it well, ill get to that soon) and line breaker, as I've found cultists are regularly ignored for being weak. While talking about splitting units, break the Termis into 2 squads, give the other squad a reaper autocannon and give your champions Chain Fists (incase you come across a walker or a tank, you can then open it up like a tin can if your meltas fail, on that, drop 1 of the combi-meltas in each squad. ALso give the 2 Termi squads a mark of Tz, for survivability (4++ is lols on a termi)

Thirdly, drop the melta guns and bombs on the CSM squad, and put the Apostle in this squad. Give your apostle the burning brand of skalathrax and give your marines 2 flamers, Vets of the Long War and an icon of Vengeance for fearless. The reason i say this is because you have enough AP 1/2 as it is with 3 vindis and 10 raptors with bombs and melta guns. While we're on the subject of dropping things, I would scrap the power swords on your champions, as much as we like the idea of our champions rolling on the boon table, chances of your champion surviving a challenge against anything is minute, especially if you get charged by a squad with someone like Azrael in it and you go "ok well... i guess i HAVE to challenge Azrael with my power sword...." and watch as the 15 points gets flushed don the toilet along with your squad.

Fourthly, look into Daemonic Possession on your vindicators, as they are your only armour on the board (excluding your 'Brute) and they are going to cop it, BIG TIME, and ignoring the crew shaken/stunned is amazing on these bad boys, because you want them firing every turn!

Hope this helps mate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts