Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, I have a few ideas on building large orky warships, but I want them to be hovering in the air. I've seen a few different models that are being held up by either a metal rod or a wooden dolly. How do you do this? I don't want to make it permanently stuck on, so my only guess is to put a pvc tube on the inside of the model to allow the dolly to fit in.

Any other suggests? And if I go with the tube route, how could I strengthen the connection between the tube and the model so it doesn't start to fall apart on the inside? Once my warship is done, I won't be able to open it back up to fix the tube if it is loose on the inside...

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
If you run the tube right through the structure, with it projecting maybe an eight of an inch out the top and bottom, it means you're basically building the whole ship around the tube, adding strength and acces if it does go wrong. The bit sticking out the top could be used as the base for a suitably orky turret. Remember, nothing can look out of place on an ork war machine.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Also you can drill a hole through the tube at the top and bottom of the model will allow you to run a support beam through it. You could also make some grots on the corner with metal poles holding it up making it "Ouuver" in proper orky fashion.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts