Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Looks good to me, the green is very rich...what did you use?

The scheme is quite dark, but the light flesh and brightness from the base contrast well..

With a quick wash on the skin and the bow i'd say he was table ready and the unit would look very nice.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
thanks man! Its mainly layers of dark angels green, that have been lightened progressively, the lighter green is VGC sick green, and the brown is scorched brown. I'll get some more pics up when ive painted more. Thanks for your input dude! And also, what wash would you reccomend? I find flesh wash too dark for skin, but i always use it to wash gold with, gives it a nice realistic 'burnished' look.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
To be honest I wouldn't be the best person to answer that, it's been a long time since I've painted caucasian skin.

If you find the flesh wash too dark have you tried watering it down?

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
yeah but i find it goes orangey-yellow. And at the risk of sounding stupid, it doesnt seem to 'stick' when watered down
noticed you're a salamander guy, what do you think to mine? Sorry bout the barrage of pics lol just tryin to workout my strenghts and weaknesses

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
yeah but i find it goes orangey-yellow. And at the risk of sounding stupid, it doesnt seem to 'stick' when watered down
The other option is to put it on at full strength and then paint another layer on top, leaving the wash showing in the recesses.

As for the sallie chap, I'd have to give plus points for not painting his skin pitch black (due to a personal bias) :wink:

The green is very strong and for the most part it's very neat all over, for a gaming piece i'd say he looks pretty spot on, but if you are aiming for a higher standard there's a few things i'd point out.

As the count said it's missing the highlights that your wood elf has, there's a bit of green that's seeped onto the chest eagle, and the gold itself looks over shaded. The backpack looks a little flat without any highlighting, because black always sticks out the worst without highlighting.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ta varakirm cheers 4 the advice, I'm getting steadily better with each model, and I've finished modelling the first of my flesh tearers so I'll put your advice to good use, and hopefully I'll be able to get some pics up. And also thanks to mr yarrick!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts