Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im new to the site and also to the hobby in general. But after taking my Night gobbo army for a few runs I got bored and decided on Wood Elves, so heres the list.. roughly I cant find my original paper! *blonde moment*
Noble-spear of twilight,helm of the hunt,alter kindred.
Branchwraith-murder of spites, cluster of radiants.
Wardancer noble-blades of loec
8 glade riders
18 glade gaurd (full command)
8 wardancers (full comand)
this is at a 1000 points but might not be quite right... I have played with this list but id like to see what others think first!
thanks
Handmaiden

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
I would probably suggest dropping one of those heroes in order to get more basic troops. yes heroes are awesome, but if you have practically nobody backing them up they will get run over.

this is just my opinion and I have only ever watched 1 game with wood elves.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well heres the problems i found

What i had trouble with was how the glade riders were not as effecive as i hoped.. 8 isnt enough!
the wardancers got through a couple of units of Night Gobbos and spider riders..
magic didnt go my way so im considering changin the branchwraith to a spell singer.
my noble did the job.. not a lot else
glade gaurd helped a lot especially with gettin rid of the damn squiggs!
but still the more comments the better, because iv found it hard gettin hold of any of my local W elf players
Thanks!
H

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Maybe you are aren't using the glade riders properly, how did they die? how were you using them? If you can give us a bit more details maybe we can help make those useful because I have never seen more than 8 glade riders used in most games.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
gladeguade don't really need full command and you would be much better off going with 2x 10 with the points saved.

Gladeriders i think work best in units of 5, they are a unit to harrass the enemy so the cheaper they are the less points you will give away if the enemy gets to grips with them, and they will still perform there primary role quite well enough, march blocking and being really bloody annoying.

Dryads provide you with some much needed durability and cc punch, i would suggest adding those

1 - 5 of 5 Posts