Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about starting an imperial guard army and I just love the death korps models from forge world. I figure that if I save my money I can skip the shipping cost and just buy them in batches. I was wondering since they are forgeworld models would it have an effect on finding people to play against? It would be a shame if I bought a bunch and then have nobody to play with. If anyone has ideas or tips on putting to gether the army it would make me happy.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Im sure friendly matches would be fine but I'm not too sure about GW and tournies if your using the FW korps list. (correct on this)

If not, you put them as standard guard then I'm sure you could use the models.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Just use them as a standard IG army that follows the IG Codex for Squad builds etc, and you're good to go.

If you want to use one of the DKOK specific armylists that are featured in the FW IA Books then you will/might find that some people will baulk at that, for any number of reasons (reasonable or not). Therefore you will usually need to get your opponents OK to field them in a pick-up game, but if you play with Friends a lot it shouldn't be an issue...well I hope not anyway.

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
make an army list using the DK list and the IG list, that way if you get a thick headed idiot who thinks FW lists are broken you can sigh, call them a moron and use the IG list, or play with it in a tournie (why the hell you would is another question), and against a person with half a braincell you can use the proper DK list.

you won't have, or shouldn't have any problem using DK models with the guard dex though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts