Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Actually him alone is smart, because the TWC don't need the support. Adding more to them is like the US being able to blow up the world 50 times over as opposed to 5 times over, it doesn't really matter it's just money (or in this case points) spent on overkill. You generally give him RA and 2x wolves and hide him behind Rhinos in a Rhino rush and have him leap out and kill stuff. And effective builds for that cost closer to 260-280.

@Deuce: yeah it's kind of like a Nightspinner but it's not as effective in the shooting phase, but lasts the entire turn. Always remember that. It'll save your ass more than once.
Good Hunting.

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
I really don't want to hijack this dudes thread so I will just have to disagree with you and say that alone is far to easy to mitigate and with cav the unit is near unstoppable, not really but it does an insane amount of damage.

EDIT: also the current competitive build is 245. RA is to expensive, he is tough enough as it is.

·
Ask me about Pins
1,408 Posts
I think there are more builds that are effective with the Wolves than just TWC builds. I agree with Raptor... 2 Rune priests with LL + MH/SC will fit better into the list above.

About Rune Priests in Close Combat... I run two of them and pretty much plan for them to get killed in CC. Hopefully, I'll be going first or at the same time, but they're not really meant to be CC gods. Also, no invo means you're autokilled from fists... One thing I'll do is to drop off the troops in a rhino and sit inside and pump out more Living Lightning.... So I try to keep them out of CC completely.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts