Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Does that look like Chris Wraight across the top there to anyone else??
I would say so too. I imagine it's the story of how Leman Russ escaped from the Alpha Legion between Scars and Vengeful Spirit.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
I hope so, with the Dark Angels, potentially under Corswain coming to their aid. But on the other hand, it may continue that ridiculous plot Mcneill started In Vengeful Spirit, of Russ going after Horus himself.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I hope so, with the Dark Angels, potentially under Corswain coming to their aid. But on the other hand, it may continue that ridiculous plot Mcneill started In Vengeful Spirit, of Russ going after Horus himself.
I think in one of the Horus Heresy novels it says that the lion was leading the Dark Angels when they saved The Space Wolves.

·
Premium Member
5,028 Posts
It is definitely Chris Wraight. It has been years since they were about, but there were rumours about him writing the infamous Battle of Alaxxes.

LotN

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Leman Russ returns in a brand new saga that focuses on the Space Wolves' battle with the Alpha Legion, following on from the events of Scars.

Right from the email blast that just went out. Blabber im seeing, is saying its another LE novella. So probably on par with the second Tallarn novella in size.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Oh look, another LE novella. I can't even summon the energy to get annoyed at these releases anymore. It's just meh.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Most people didn't Loken, since a number of portions of the book felt extremely throw away or outright bad.
This.....and so much more.

But anyway, I wonder how Wraight will handle the Alpha Legion themselves if this is indeed Alaxxes and he does some from their perspective.

I'm disappointed though if it is a novella. Was hoping for a full length novel..

·
Registered
253 Posts
Most people didn't Loken, since a number of portions of the book felt extremely throw away or outright bad.
That's a bummer. I haven't finished it, myself, but it's great to see Garviel again in a novel. (really the only reason I'm reading it). I have to agree with LotN's review, however.

Also, this may be another HH book that I will actually read. The battle of the primarchs are something everyone should read! I definitely won't be buying this by any means, however I may download the eBook and give it a shot. Even though I really dislike the Space Wolves.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Still in full Wolf mode after having read Ragnar Blackmane by ADB, so quite excited for this.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts