Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so in the codex it says that wolf guard can be divided up to acompany other squads of grey hunters, long fangs, blood claws etc... but in the official GW FAQ it states that when these wolf guard are split from the main squad of wolf guard that they no longer count as elite but count as whatever type they've joined so for LF its heavy, for GH its troop etc.

so my first question is this: if i take say a 4 man squad of wolf guard and split them between 4 other squads of GH there wouldnt be a squad of wolf guard left so would it still take up an elite slot?

my second question is: if using wolf guard in the above way is legal would i be able to get them a land raider as a dedicated transport, effectivly giving me an extra heavy slot.

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
It's not very clear wording - I take it that as it's "before the battle", rather than a permanent option in the Entry to upgrade a single member to a Wolf Guard, it's likely to be chosen upon deployment.

However, they use "before deployment" specifically before, so maybe there's a reason why it's "before the battle", in that you choose when making your army list".

However, I think it's the former, in that you choose at deployment - and hence still takes up the elite choice.

If Using the above answer then yes. You purchase your list, then upon deployment, you make a choice on what to do with the other members.

However, it's unclear whether said transport would be allowed to transport another unit, as they are no longer part of the wolf guard unit.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
324 Posts
1) yes they still take the elite slot

2) yes you can take a dedicated transport. Dedicated transports can transport any unit, the only restriction is that they can only start with their unit inside them

1 - 3 of 3 Posts