Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have been painting a while now so I thought I would show you all, firstly my complete Army so far, plus my latest Razorback, and my next project, I am fairly pleased with what I have done so far, I do wish that I had practiced a few times first on some spare models to get the highlights more pronounced, but that is what happens I suppose when you paint an Army and your skill level advances you find the first guys you have done lack that same detail, also i'm not sure about the theme of it all..... cant quite put my finger on it, Im sure you guys will.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Those wolf riders are looking very cool, and the weathering on the razorback is very nicely done, if a little bit too dirty compared to the rest of the tank.

Any chance of some closer shots of your troops? i'm not usually a big fan of the baby blue space wolves but it looks great on your tank.

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
brilliant work, could you tell me what colour you used to do the mud on the tank.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, no probs on doing the mud, its just a case of mixing, Chaos black with Calthan brown, just to get the colour you want, Ive done it so its a dark brown mud, then just do some highlights just using Calthan mud where you want it. You dont have to mix sand and pva either to get the effect, see my rhino for what thats like, with regards to close ups of my models there are some on my other posts, With regards to the colour scheme, yeah thats what I was on about when I mentioned learning about highlights and all that, oh well.

many thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.