• Nurgle

Votes: 2 10.0%
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
good afternoon all,
l have 3 1000pts army's and l want to see what all you all think is the best army judge on 3 different areas

1. competitive
2. unique
3. fun level for both teams

army number one Trolls

Hero = 175

Troll King 175

Core = 675

3x trolls = 135
3x trolls = 135
3x trolls = 135
6x trolls = 270

Rare = 150

chaos warshine with MoT = 150

army number two Tzeentch

Hero = 160

Lv 2 Chaos Sorcerer With MoT and Disc = 160

Core = 662

21x Chaos Warrior MoT with shield, halberds, BoR and full comm = 442

30x Chaos Marauders MoT with shield and la = 220

Rare = 150

army number three Nurgle

Hero = 176

Lv 2 Chaos Sorcerer MoN with chaos steed, Luck stone and spell familiar = 176

Core = 520

5x Marauder horse man MoN with Shields and Throwing axes = 122
6x Marauder horse man MoN with Shields and Throwing axes = 138

Special = 300

2x chaos chariot with MoN = 300

Whichever army gets the highest vote l will take to a 1000pts torny in 3 weeks. Thank you all ~desu

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Hero = 175

Troll King 175

Core = 675

3x trolls = 135
3x trolls = 135
3x trolls = 135
6x trolls = 270

Rare = 150

Don't go for MSU, go for two large units of trolls, and two Shrines. Also, I'd find way to wind in a Sorceror and BSB. Sub 1500 is very hard to pull this army off, as you need those 3 heroes, and without a Lord Caster which many people take, you'll need that defence - especially if they take Lore of Fire (does dirty things to this army).

Hero = 160

Lv 2 Chaos Sorcerer With MoT and Disc = 160

Core = 672

21x Chaos Warrior MoT with shield, halberds, BoR and full comm = 442

30x Chaos Marauders MoK with shield and la = 230

Rare = 150

Take MoN or MoT with the Marauders - they can't benefit from parry while frenzied. Alternatively, ignore the armour altogether, and go for Flails - if you get units shooting them, they're not taking potshots at the warriors, meaning they survive, and if even a couple of ranks hit the enemy lines, it will cause a bit of damage. Shrine has less benefit in this army - might want to look at getting the Skull to two dice cast most spells, or Puppet to shield yourself from miscasts or to nuke enemy miscasts. Either way, take a Talisman of Protection at least for a 5+ Ward.

Hero = 176

Lv 2 Chaos Sorcerer MoN with chaos steed, Luck stone and spell familiar = 176

Core = 520

Special = 300

2x chaos chariot with MoN = 300 [/quote[
There's no easy way to say this, but there are 7 things wrong with this list - in order - the Sorceror, the Marauder Horse, The Marauder Horse, the Marauder Horse, the Marauder Horse, the Chariot, and the Chariot.

-1 to hit a T5 Chariot with a 3+ Save? Nobodies going to target it with anything less than a War Machine, or a Magic Missile in any case, and -1 WS in CC means that you're still getting hit on a 4 anyway. Marauder Horse - Throwing Axes blow harder than Sylvia Saint and Fast Cavalry in short are fairly shit unless they can shoot, and Throwing Axes is not shooting, and Cavalry in general is fairly shit unless you can kill about 20 models on the charge.

Barded Chaos Steed will only slow down the Fast Cavalry, and reduces the line of sight you have. The spells are decent, but mainly supportive.

In order here, 2, 1, 3 are the best.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Take MoN or MoT with the Marauders - they can't benefit from parry while frenzied. Alternatively, ignore the armour altogether, and go for Flails - if you get units shooting them, they're not taking potshots at the warriors, meaning they survive, and if even a couple of ranks hit the enemy lines, it will cause a bit of damage.
Thank you,
The marauders should be MoT l do not know why l put MoK on there will edit to show the right setup

as for the other army's l dont mind losing as long as l have fun and l know the Marauder horse man will not do that well but thats fine :grin: ~desu

·
Registered
289 Posts
I think list 2 is the most competitive. But for the warriors I would put the MoN on them with the BoR. Who needs a ward save if you just aren't getting hit. And a -1 WS in CC means that WS3 core choices will be hitting you on 5s and probably wounding on 5s too!

List 3 would be fun for your opponent as he would most likely destroy you

·
Registered
23 Posts
IMO armies 1 and 3 are more characterful and fun! the Tzeentch army is much more plain, also TYzeentch purist army with the banner of Rage... which is a Khorne banner... doesn't fit the character! =p But the list itself is very competative!

So army 1:
Trolls, no one will expect to face such an army, and you will get the shock factor from your opponent who will be having a lot of emergency tactical rethinks in his head while he watches you set up! The regeneration and toughness of you whole army will be very disconserting for him and unless he has rows upon rows of handgunners I think shooting will be very ineffective against you, then in combat you should be fine, also having a fear causing army is always a bonus!

Army 3: I've never been a nurgle player but love cavalry armies, my own chaos army includes about 20 marauder horses, 15 Chaos knights and 3 chariots and I love to field mounted armies, plus with this list you have some close rang missile fire, and you'll definitely be able to dictate who fights and where it happens, because you will be able to out manouver and out flank almost any army... only thing to watch out for is Orc&gobbo cavalry armies and possibly WE Forest spirit armies. Who can both outflank and outnumber you. However MoN gives you a huge edge in CC.

So Fun + Character 1 or 3 but for solid competativeness 2 may be the best shot....

But you know me... I lean towards fun! :p and I like shock value.... I'd likely take the Trolls! :p

·
Registered
325 Posts
Well here's what I think:
List1: Fun, unique, and actually pretty competitive, though you need units of 6, MSU style doesn't work in 8th.
List2: Pretty competitive, but a standard army, not unique and not as much fun as list 1.
List3: Unique, but a really bad list, filling your core with fast cavalry, how do you want to beat big blocks?? Why put such a pricey mark on suicide fast cavalry??
If you want a nurgle list, you can take warriors and marauders, they don't hate daddy nurgle, they will follow daddy nurgle just like they might follow tzeentch.

So I would play list 1, it's the most fun and unique and competitive too, though it's weak against warmachines(because they most times do multiple wounds) and somehting fiery and rangy: Fire mage/seaguard with banner of flame, or things like warpfire thrower.

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
l think thats all the votes l need,
thank you all for taking the time, l will be running army 2 Tzeentch the part which l did not say was the army that got the lowest votes my friend will use so that means he is stuck with Nurgle :laugh: l will post here later on how it went ~ Desu

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sorry it has been so long for an update (Sick :( )

l came 4th and in a sad twist my friend came 3rd in the tournament. overall it did very well l just got very unlucky with my mage 2 miscast on the 1st turn in two different games but that be the will of the dice gods :p.

1st was DE and 2nd was a VC all the HE players did well but got very poor army scores and the highest rank was 6th in any case might try the horse men next time.

Thank you all who took the time to vote and read~Desu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts