Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have tried to build 2 armies based on models-I-like + maximum effectiveness.

This is the 1st one. Will post the 2nd shortly.

I have loaded out the Warriors and Chosen, when keeping them simple would give me almost a warrior unit on top. My reasoning was that most folks will be worrying about Galrauch and the Hellcannon at first, and by keeping the number of infanty units small, try to reduce the apparent threat they pose.

Galrauch

BSB; AHW, MoN, Rod of Torment

Warriors x 17 w/ AHW, MoN, Musician, SB - Banner of Rage

Warriors x 18 w/ Shields, MoT, Musician, SB - Blasted Standard

Chosen x 18 w/ Shields, MoT, FC - Banner of Wrath - Book of Secrets

Tzeench Warshrine

Hellcannon

2398 points.

102 left.

I can only really afford maraudes to fill out the compulsory core slots, and not a very good unit at that. That or a 5 man Marauder Horsemen unit to help against flankers.

C & C including recommended changes very welcome.

Thank you.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Not sure about this list You see if I used my wood elves again it, I would immediately out flank your whole army (except galrauch) and while my waywatchers took out the hell cannon crew, then joined the rest of my army focussing full fire into your unit of chosen. until i could whittle it down, I could spend the rest of the game trying my best to avoid your warriors until i could triple charge them with dryads treekin and wardancers.

This of course is all only theory but i've played chaos warriors since 4th ed and find they need meat shields like hounds.

Still honestly if i saw that army aligned against me I'd still think "oh dear i'm in for a touch one"

·
Registered
182 Posts
Every time i've used Galrauch he's been snipped by magic missiles or shooters.

For that you could get a hard as nails almost unkillable Tzeentch sorceror with a really good ward save, and a dispel scroll or the puppet and still have points left to really utilise those other 100 odd really well.

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Galrauch

odd choice but l have seen it work

BSB; AHW, MoN, Rod of Torment

l thought BSB cant have any other magic items? :read:

Warriors x 17 w/ AHW, MoN, Musician, SB - Banner of Rage

l rather see MoT on them

Warriors x 18 w/ Shields, MoT, Musician, SB - Blasted Standard

Chosen x 18 w/ Shields, MoT, FC - Banner of Wrath - Book of Secrets

no Halberds?

Tzeench Warshrine

Its good

Hellcannon

Its good

2398 points.

102 left.

I can only really afford maraudes to fill out the compulsory core slots, and not a very good unit at that. That or a 5 man Marauder Horsemen unit to help against flankers.

C & C including recommended changes very welcome.

Thank you.
if you can spare some more points l get a choas charriot :whistle:

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Only if they have a magic rag; if they are just carrying an ordinary piece of cloth they can have magic items.
l see just never seen anyone take a BSB without a magic rag :biggrin:

·
Super Moderator
8,564 Posts
l see just never seen anyone take a BSB without a magic rag :biggrin:
Most BSB I have seen take a magic rag too.

It is more common for low points lists where your army has mediocre Ld and your characters are expensive, so you try to squeeze in a BSB to allow the reroll but are restricted by small allowances.

·
WFB Moderator
8,248 Posts
I tend to avoid magic banners on my BSBs for 3 good reasons (1 for each of my armies). For ogres the magical banners suck, for WE I want magical shooting rather then magical banner and for HE the magical banners are great, but the BSB would be too vulnerable to live through a combat.

Basically I think it more important to protect the BSB with good armour/ward to to make him hard to pin down in combat then to give him the greatest banner. Some banners through are just so good you're almost forced to take them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay. Here goes.

I reworked this taking ages, and realised I made a couple simple maths errors, and WAAY too tired to sort it now. Basically, I have my Tz Sorc sorted for 410/400 points.

I have 2 blocks of warriors and one chosen all MoT, but differing loadouts, BSB, TzWarS, HellC and c. 321 points to play with.

Option 1; 5 MoT Marauder Horsemen w/ shields and throwing axes and Juggernaut EH w/ MoK, enchanted shield and either +2 strength or +2 attacks common weapon. (7a s5, or 5a s7?)

Option2; another hell cannon and 20 hounds spread around to hold people up.

Option 3; 2 chariots and c. 10 -15 hounds.

Please rate or provide your own ideas if better.

Thanks guys!

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
Okay. Here goes.

Option 1; 5 MoT Marauder Horsemen w/ shields and throwing axes and Juggernaut EH w/ MoK, enchanted shield and either +2 strength or +2 attacks common weapon. (7a s5, or 5a s7?)

this is fine just rember the best save you can get now is 1+ so there is no point having and enchanted shield

Option2; another hell cannon and 20 hounds spread around to hold people up.

mmm 2 hell cannon's are very good but most players think its cheap (from where l com from anyway)

Option 3; 2 chariots and c. 10 -15 hounds.

well this is hard hitting and can cover a flank well you might want to change 1 of the chariots for a war alter but besides that its good

Please rate or provide your own ideas if better.

Thanks guys!
over all you have many choice its all about how you want to play in the end

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks mate. Problem with the warshrine is M4. I'm not really sure how I want to play it really. I'm going to get the points worked out exactly, then post this as a new thread.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts