Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I want to design a nurgel WoC list, so I've tried and failed, I want only warriors(no marauders or cavalry), I had some points left (160pts) and spend them in char. cuz it's no enough for a warrior unit, well this is my list wich needs tweaking:

Exalted Hero of Nurgle(BSB, Shield, Flail, Helm of Many Eyes)-164
Sorcerer of Nurgle(Lvl2, Infernal Puppet)-175
Sorcerer of Nurgle(Lvl2, Power Familiar)-165

10 Warriors(MoN, Rapturous Standard)-222
11 Warriors(MoN, Halberds, Standard)-217
5 Warhounds- 30
5 Warhounds -30

That’s 1003.

Points may be wrong since I don't have army book, it's a little guessing from reading others lists, so help plz!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
may i ask why you are unwilling to go for marauders? used well, they can really help you out.

you could a) take a unit of 10 marauders with MoN as their only upgrade and use them a meat shield or b) get a nice big block of them with MoS to use as a unit to house sorcerers to soak up shooting. fluff wise you can say that it isn't actually MoS that they have, but rather they have lived through so many nurgle based deaths that nothing panics them anymore.

as for your Exalted Hero, i'd swap him for another MoN Sorcerer and max on the Nurgle nastiness.

just a couple of thoughts there

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Can somebody plz make me a sample list, I want warrior heavy and some nice magic, I don't want some big mix of marks, 2 different marks at max.

EDIT: Saw some knights and I believe I'm in love what about a Knight heavy Nurgle force, 2 units of warriors in the middle and then some knights.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I've made a 1500 pts Nurgle/Khornate list, here it come(it's not much khornate, but what the hell does it matter)

WoC Nurgle/Khornate 1500
Exalted Hero (MoK, Axe of Khorne, Juggernaut, Shield, Favour of the Gods)-230
Sorcerer of Chaos(MoN, Lvl2, Stream of Corruption)-160

11 Warriors(Shields, MoN, FC,)-236
12 Warriors(Shields, MoN, Musician, Standard)-240
5 Warhounds-30
5 Warhounds-30

5 Knights(MoK, Standard)-250
5 Knights(MoN, Standard, Banner of Rage)-285

TOT: 1461

Ok got 40 points left, perhaps some more hounds.
Well what do you think, I took a juggie cuz i like the model and he's the reason it's partly khornate force.

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
8th Edition come out in a couple of weeks, so unless you are intending to play in the very near future your heroes are slightly to expensive; you will need to trim them down to 25% of total army, i.e. 375 points.

I assume as it is 11 rather than 12 models the first Warrior unit will contain your Sorcerer? If the unit is within template range it will almost certainly be within charge range, so you might not get brilliant opportunities for Stream of Corruption. Dropping that would bring your Heroes under 25%

Nurgle Knights with Banner of Rage are usually good in 7th Edition. Not sure how - if at all - Frenzy is affected by the new charging rules so difficult to advise on whether they are still good.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Made some changes with 8th edition in mind:

WoC Nurgle/Khornate 1500
Exalted Hero (MoK, Axe of Khorne, Juggernaut, Shield, Favour of the Gods)-230
Sorcerer of Chaos(MoN, Lvl2,)-135(dunno the cost of stream so I guessed what would be the cost without it)

11 Warriors(Shields, MoN, FC, Sorcerer here)-236
12 Warriors(AHW, MoK, Standard, Musician)-240
5 Warhounds-30
5 Warhounds-30
5 Warhounds-30

5 Knights(MoK, Standard, Blasted Standard)-290
5 Knights(MoN, Standard, Banner of Rage)-285

TOT: 1506

·
Registered
135 Posts
actually the special is upto 50%. I made that mistake before in the dragonlord WoC arguement.

·
Super Moderator
8,561 Posts
I can see the argument for having a unit of Warhounds to screen each Frenzied unit; however, as nearly everything is Frenzied I am not sure if three units will give you enough coverage from more than one direction. As Warhounds are not brilliant, I would be tempted to reduce to 2 units of 5 Warhounds.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You know perhaps I won't start WoC, cavalry is gonna suck, how can I break stubborn units(more ranks = stubborn rule)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Calvary for woc is shock and slaughter. Your supposed to file in as many attacks as you can to break those ranks.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts