Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been toying with some different styles of Warriors lists beyond the typical, here is a MSU-style Cav list that looks interesting to me. What do you think?

2500 Pts - Warriors of Chaos Roster

Lord
Sorcerer Lord (1#, 485 pts)
Mark of Tzeentch, Level 4 - Lore of Metal, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Mount, Barding, Sword of Might, Spellshield, Talisman of Preservation, The Other Trickster's Shard, Third Eye of Tzeentch, Soul Feeder, Flaming Breath

Heroes
Sorcerer (1#, 190 pts)
Level 1 - Lore of Flame, Chaos Armour, Daemonic Mount, Barding, Charmed Shield, Chaos Familiar

Sorcerer (1#, 185 pts)
Level 1 - Lore of Shadows, Daemonic Mount, Biting Blade, Enchanted Shield, Dispel Scroll

Exalted Hero (1#, 246 pts)
Mark of Tzeentch, Great Weapon, Daemonic Mount, Barding, Armour of Destiny, Scaled Skin

Troops
Marauder Horsemen (5#, 120 pts)
Mark of Slaanesh, Full Command, Javelin, Spear, Shield

Chaos Warhounds (5#, 45 pts)
Poisoned Attacks, Vanguard

Special
Chaos Knights (5#, 270 pts)
Mark of Nurgle, Full Command, Ensorcelled Weapons, Standard of Discipline

Chaos Knights (5#, 260 pts)
Mark of Nurgle, Full Command, Ensorcelled Weapons, Gleaming Pennant

Chaos Knights (5#, 215 pts)
Mark of Slaanesh, Full Command, Lance

Any C&C?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Considering that your Sorcerer Lord and Ex Hero are marked Tzeentch and none of your MSUs are, where are you putting them? If they're solos, I'd give them both Discs so they're at least a bit more maneuverable.

I have a 2000 pt version of this list, actually, and I'd suggest what I did with mine... use Be'Lakor, I think he's superior to the Sorcerer Lord. But to each their own.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking of running the 4 characters as a unit unto themselves...they would make a 4 strong monstrous cav unit that could break apart as needed...plus I like the idea of all the horse mounted figures.

I was trying to avoid any DP, mainly to do something a bit different with the WoC book.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For the cost, chaos gets a decent value for champions...although, if I drop the marauder champions I can upgrade the warhounds to another marauder unit...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
One thing i noticed - Full command on the Marauders? That is a lot of additional VP you could be giving away through the banners. I dont ever see them engaging in Combat (other than to support) and the banners CR really wouldnt help as your knights already have a banner.

If they are engaging in combat, its most likely something squishy that you know you can crush in one go (no need for a banner).

I think musician only would be a good call, that way you can make the most of the fast cav rule (Flee, rally, throw javelins).

·
Registered
992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One of the issues with an MSU army is balancing fortitude. Most tournaments in this region are uncomped and use scenarios to balance play. Generally at least one scenario is a straight up version of Blood or Glory and often there are either secondary objectives that require units with fortitude to score or a second scenario that require a unit with fortitude to win.

You only lose the banners if you flee from combat, so unless you get caught the banner bearer is not an issue. I do agree with the earlier suggestion of trimming the marauder champions and upgrading the warhounds to another marauder horseman unit though. Perhaps trimming a banner here and there for an extra body or two might help. With the high base cost of WoC models though, the 10pt upgrade cost of command models is a drop in the bucket.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Problem w/ all those marauder champs is they will be forced to make/issue challenges and a canny general is going to use that in his favor to rack up some overkill vs those squishy marauders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts