·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to build a EVIL list of WoC going against DE, VC and maybe demons
25% of 2500 = 625 points of pain
Lords
Chaos Lord
Chaos Rune-shield, Helm of Many Eyes, Necrotic Phylactery and Word of agony = 355 points

Sorcerer Lord
LV 4 Lore of Slaanesh = 270 points

Heroes
Chaos Sorcerer
LV 2 Third eye of Tzeentch, mark of Tzeentch, Feedback scroll= 215

Exalted Hero
Mark of Nurgle, Favor of the Gods, Rapier of Ecstasy, shield = 185

Festus the Leechlord = 185

Core
Chaos Warrior X29 full command, halberds and shield, Banner of Rage and Mark of Tzeentch = 578 points

Chaos Warrior X 26
Additional Hand weapon, standard and Musician, Mark of Khorne = 464 points

Special
Chariot x2 = 240 points

this brings my total up to 2492 points
Lords= 625 pts
Heroes = 585 pts
Core = 1042 points
Special 240 points

Planning on Festus and the exalted hero being in the smaller Chaos warrior unit because he gives them poisoned attacks and regen and the fighty lord in the Bigger Unit, hoping that the chariots can Crush any monsters or cavalry with the impact hits Probably gonna drop the sorcerer lord in the bigger warrior unit while the smaller is suicide wizard

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
trying to build a EVIL list of WoC going against DE, VC and maybe demons
Now if you want a real nasty list or just one that you can whip out any time for a fun game without hamstringing yourself there are plenty of things you can improve.
25% of 2500 = 625 points of pain
Lords
Chaos Lord
Chaos Rune-shield, Helm of Many Eyes, Necrotic Phylactery and Word of agony = 355 points
Like this guy. Not only don't I think he could be built much better, I think he's redundant. You don't need to spend this many points on a chaos lord because the heroes WoC has acces to are so nuts they can smack most other races lords around. As such, a fighty chaos lord is way overkill. Drop this guy and use the points elsewhere.

Sorcerer Lord
LV 4 Lore of Slaanesh = 270 points
This should be your only lord. Only your choice does raise some eyebrow. Slaanesh is the worst lore possible and you have given him no items whatsoever. That simply won't do. If I were you I would give him MoT, Infernal Puppet and a ward save. Preferably the 4++ one from the BRB.

Heroes
Chaos Sorcerer
LV 2 Third eye of Tzeentch, mark of Tzeentch, Feedback scroll= 215
You don't really need this bloke seeing as a lvl 4 tzeentch sorceror simply dominates the magic phase. Drop him and use points elsewhere.

Exalted Hero
Mark of Nurgle, Favor of the Gods, Rapier of Ecstasy, shield = 185
This guy is pretty weird too. The rapier sucks and favour is pretty lame when you have no warshrines. Also MoN doesn't really do too much on this guy. I would recommend giving him a halberd, MoT, Armour of Morrslieb and make him the army's Battle Standard Bearer. This gives you a dude with 4 strenght 6 attacks who also happens to have a 3++ save against mundane attacks. Man that's tough. Also the fact that you have spent so many points on characters yet haven't included a BSB is a pretty big mistake. WoC don't have very good leadership so you really need that reroll. Also, because the army tend to be so small you can easily cover all your units with it's 12 reroll bubble if placed correctly.

Festus the Leechlord = 185
An excellent choice. The lore of nurgle is pretty nifty and the regeneration is pretty brutal. I would keep him around.

Core
Chaos Warrior X29 full command, halberds and shield, Banner of Rage and Mark of Tzeentch = 578 points
Why 29? And why MoT? It only gives them a 6++ save, which is pretty lame. I hate unit champions. So many points for one more attack. Of course, the unit festus and your sorceror are joining should have them just to accept challenges in their stead. I would probably either make them MoK and give them the Blasted standard or MoN seeing as both help against shooting (and MoN is just evil vs ws 3 enemies).

Chaos Warrior X 26
Additional Hand weapon, standard and Musician, Mark of Khorne = 464 points
Why 26? Oh and additional hand weapons sucks. Gives these guys halberds, it's way more killy against anything that isn't skinks. Oh and give them either the flaming attack banner or the Blasted Standard.

Special
Chariot x2 = 240 points
As cool as chariots are, they aren't very good in 8th due to the steadfast rule and their shorter charge distance. If you drop them you could afford many better things.
this brings my total up to 2492 points
Lords= 625 pts
Heroes = 585 pts
Core = 1042 points
Special 240 points

Planning on Festus and the exalted hero being in the smaller Chaos warrior unit because he gives them poisoned attacks and regen and the fighty lord in the Bigger Unit, hoping that the chariots can Crush any monsters or cavalry with the impact hits Probably gonna drop the sorcerer lord in the bigger warrior unit while the smaller is suicide wizard
Yeah, warriors with halberds will crush pretty much any monster you can encounter so the lord is completely unnecessary.

I know I have also suggested that you used your points on something else a lot, but since I don't know what you have all I can give are some suggestions for some of the better choices in the book.

Warshrines - Yes they are random, but their boons are ridiculously good and with MoT they are almost impossible to kill. I love these.

Hellcannons - Expensive, unreliable and not cheap to buy, Hellcannons makes up for that by being awesome models, really fun playing with, providing some shooting for your WoC, and when they do hit the result can be devastating.

More warriors - Yeah, it's hard to get enough warriors really, as they can be tooled to take care of anything. Want a big fat anvil? 20 warriors with shields and MoT are your best bet. Want to kill everyone? MoK with halberds your answer. Want them cheap, small and expendable? MoS will ensure they don't fail when you need them for a low price. Warriors can do anything.

Marauders - Some people hate these, others don't. I like that they are cheap so you can field a metric fuckton of them no problem. Add GW/flails and MoK for some good cheap hitting or MoT and shield for a big fat immovable wall of norsemen.

Chosen - The mother of all deathstars. Extremely expensive, in big numbers but with a free roll on the EotG table these guys are unstoppable if tooled out right. Just give the champ favour and make your opponents cry as you get the best buffs you can.

Trolls - Stupid yes, but have Throgg or a BSB join them and you'll quickly see how evil these guys are in combat. Just don't be careful about Initiative tests as those can easily kill your entire unit.

Dragon Ogres - Very expensive, but also very tough and hard hitting. When give GW they can easily tackle almost anything thrown at them. As an extra bonus, they are just fun against skaven and their stupid warp lightning crappe.

Hope this is of any help. Good luck and happy hunting.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
You'd appear to be spending far too much on characters. Loosing the Chaos Lord and Exalted Hero would buy you a whole 'nother regiment of Chaos Warriors - and you can't go wrong with more Chaos Warriors.

A Dispel Scroll would help too, and possibly try to scrounge up the points for the goddamned puppet? DE, Vamps and Daemons can all have nasty magic phases if they put their minds to it and you'll want to shut that down.

Speaking of Magic - consider swapping Festus for a regular Nurgle Sorcerer... I don't claim to be an expert on WoC - but he looks somewhat overpriced for what he brings to the table compared to other options.

·
Dark Knight
985 Posts
on top of what AARGH said,

l run Festus in a unit with MoN, halberds and shield, Banner of Rage and its very good, the reason why l don't take MoT is you can only take the regen which is 5+ or the ward save which is 6.

Trolls are very good, however they do need a a baby sitter or thorgg with a BSB to do very well (l also run a troll army :D)

when it comes to rares its how the person plays, Hell cannon's or warshines are the way to go though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the advices, about the Chaos lord.. i know he is expensive but, knowing the guys i am going against they rely like magic weapons and poisoned attacks and he is almost immune to that, but yes he is redundant and will most likely drop him Rapier of Ecstasy is only meant for hero killing ....if you suffer a wound from it you need to take a Toughens test and if you fail its some bad things happen, but looking at this list now .... i think i am gonna drop the lord and buff the sorcerer lord , and give those chariots a vacation

sorry for hectic answers, i am at work and don't have my armybook here

1 - 6 of 6 Posts