Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play Eldar and pretty much always field a Seer Council of sorts.

What I want to know is, are Witchblades single-handed or two-handed weapons in close combat.

I've always treated them as two-handed, because all the Warlock models hold them two-handed.

But earlier I was reading some advice on an Eldar Army List and somebody said not to take a Singing Spear as the warlock carrying it would lose attacks in close combat.

Now I've looked in the Codex and the Singing Spear is two-handed but it isn't mentioned in the Witchblade entry. I don't want to be losing out on several "strength 9/wound on a 2" attacks if they are legitimately mine to use.
Have I been cheating myself all this time?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Witchblades are single hand weapons, but many models are posed holding them in two hands. Singing Spears are two-handed weapons.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
the Entry for Witchblades is in the BRB. I can tell you however they are single handed weapon....however singign spears are two-handed wepaons...but they cna also be thrown (whoop! S9 weapon that always wounds on 2+)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers everyone for your help.

I think it's fair to say that not everybody is as fair a player as you'd like them to be.
If I notice that an opponent is missing something fairly obvious on their list, I'll point it out to them. Even if it's going to cost me heavily.

Shame it never reciprocates...

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Cheers everyone for your help.

I think it's fair to say that not everybody is as fair a player as you'd like them to be.

If I notice that an opponent is missing something fairly obvious on their list, I'll point it out to them. Even if it's going to cost me heavily.

Shame it never reciprocates...
What if your opponent doesn't know either?

While i agree that pointing it out if they do know is the right and polite thing to do; try not to be so short sighted :)

SGMAlice

1 - 10 of 10 Posts