Inferno Pistol
Blessed Weapon
Metla Bombs
Book of St. Lucius
Cloak of St. Aspira
Jump Pack

Priest: 40 points
Close Combat Weapon

(In the Battle Sisters Squad with the Storm Bolters.)

Elites:

Arco-Flagellants squad of 6: 210 points

Troops:

Battle Sisters Squad of 9: 111 points
With 2 Flamers

Veteran Superior: 25 points
Close Combat Weapon
Bolt Pistol

Mounted in a Rhino: 50 points

Battle Sisters Squad of 9: 109 points
With 2 Storm Bolters

Close Combat Weapon
Bolt Pistol

Mounted in a Rhino: 50 points

Fast Attack:

Dominion Squad of 4: 104 points
With 4 Meltaguns

Close Combat Weapon
Bolt Pistol

Mounted in a Rhino: 55 points
Extra Armour

Dominion Squad of 4: 104 points
With 4 Meltaguns

Close Combat Weapon
Bolt Pistol

Mounted in a Rhino: 55 points
Extra Armour

Heavy Support:

Exorsist: 150 points
Pintle Mounted Storm-Bolter
Extra Armour

Penitent Engine Squad of 3: 240 points

Penitent Engine Squad of 3: 240 points

Grand Total: 2000 points

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
A few points

Blessed Ammunition is pretty useless for the 2 shots you get a turn from the storm bolter.

Why do you not have Canoness in this army. They are one of the best characters around and with the speed of this army should be able to keep up with them and cause lots of havoc. Take one with jump pack, inferno pistol, blessed weapon, melta bombs, cloak of st aspira and book of st lucius. Use the rest of your points on a cheap inquisitor squad. I will post something in your other thread.

I wouldn't give your vets plasma pistols. There is always a chance they will die and since a unit without a vet is unfaithful they wouldn't be able to use the faith points.

Any reason for using the Vindicare assassin. I think one of the other assassins in this army would be more effective. Or even not use one.

Get rhinos and flamers for the two SOB troops choices, if you can find the points.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
asianavatar said:
Blessed Ammunition is pretty useless for the 2 shots you get a turn from the storm bolter.

You sure about the Blessed Ammunition? No cover saves allways seemed worth the 10 points.

asianavatar said:
Why do you not have Canoness in this army. They are one of the best characters around and with the speed of this army should be able to keep up with them and cause lots of havoc. Take one with jump pack, inferno pistol, blessed weapon, melta bombs, cloak of st aspira and book of st lucius. Use the rest of your points on a cheap inquisitor squad. I will post something in your other thread.
Canoness? doesn't she have to be accompanied by a squad of Celestian's? And since I cannot give them Jump Packs, how would that work?

asianavatar said:
I wouldn't give your vets plasma pistols. There is always a chance they will die and since a unit without a vet is unfaithful they wouldn't be able to use the faith points.
I can see that point, what would you suggest for the Vet's?

asianavatar said:
Any reason for using the Vindicare assassin. I think one of the other assassins in this army would be more effective. Or even not use one.
Yes, the Vindicare is used to stay back and provide cover for the Exorsist. I've also allways really liked the Vindicare Model to be honest, and he usually holds his own. However what would you suggest to replace the Vindicare Assassin?

asianavatar said:
Get rhinos and flamers for the two SOB troops choices, if you can find the points.
Yeah I was planning on it, just couldn't find the points... Well it looks like I'm going to have to clean things up. Thanks for the input though, it really helps.

·
Registered
821 Posts
>> Your cannoness doesnt need a celestine bodyguard, they only an option. For vets, b/p and ccw are fine, or give her a storm bolter, always handy imho. Your assassin is a good choice, but depends on opponent, but I tend to find them a bit over-hyped, but thats just personnal taste. Drop your assassin to find pts for rhinos perhaps twwek so you can give them smoke or x/armour. If I remember correctly, your priest wont count against your hq limit, so you wont lose your ability to use flags and engines. I agree with not giving plasma to vets, one botched roll and shes dead.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
firewolf said:
For vets, b/p and ccw are fine, or give her a storm bolter, always handy imho.
Okay I'm giving the Vets Bolt Pistols and CCW's

Your assassin is a good choice, but depends on opponent, but I tend to find them a bit over-hyped, but thats just personnal taste. Drop your assassin to find pts for rhinos perhaps twwek so you can give them smoke or x/armour.
However, I'm not sure if I'm willing to drop my Assassin or not.

asianavatar said:
Why do you not have Canoness in this army. They are one of the best characters around and with the speed of this army should be able to keep up with them and cause lots of havoc. Take one with jump pack, inferno pistol, blessed weapon, melta bombs, cloak of st aspira and book of st lucius.
Your cannoness doesnt need a celestine bodyguard, they only an option.
It seems the Cannoness is a strong choice. So I'm going to try and tweak my army to allow her to join. Would anything other then the: jump pack, inferno pistol, blessed weapon, melta bombs, cloak of st aspira and book of st lucius. Be useful?

Allright I did some stuff to my army (check the up-dates on the first post) and I now have 438 remaining points. What should I choose for my HQ choice(s)?

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Don't drop the vindicaire, he's worth his weight in gold. I always take one, even if I'm not playing Inquisition.

Also, I would recommend mounting your troops in rhinos, to help them move across the field faster. You've got the points for it. Take the standard rhino kit: extra armor, smokes, and maybe an extra stormbolter if you wish. Drop blessed ammo for the rhinos though; unless you're playing Eldar pathfinders, it's not that great.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hm, I might take the Vindicare Assassin back if I have the points. However my main priorities are currently getting two Solid HQ's and finding a way to get all my troops in transports.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am aware of this, I'm currently trying to assemble a HQ. Hence the short paragraph at the bottom of the first post.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Only reason I think the blessed ammunition is useless for the stormbolter is that most times you will be shooting at targets with your exorcist missiles and in most cases this usually ends being heavily armoured troops or stuff that is out of range for the stormbolter. I think if you have 10 points lying around go and take it, but I think by the end you will be pretty close to your 2000 point limit.

One thing, your priest has to be attached a unit, which unit are you going to put him with. If its one of your SOB squads than to fit them in a rhino you need to drop one battle sister.

So on to the stuff to add, if you add two rhinos for your SOB squads both with smoke and extra armour that is another 116 points. Add smoke and armour for the other dominion rhinos and you are up to 132 points.

Canoness with cloak, book of st aspira, blessed weapon, inferno pistol, jump pack , frag and meltabombs comes to 141 points.

This leaves you with 175 points. Now you can do three things either take another canoness, outfitted somewhat the same way, this leaves a few extra points to tool up some squads with special weapons like flamers. Or is to take a elite inquisitor with nothing equiped and two heavy bolter servators. This costs 70 points. If you drop the blessed ammunition you can than fit in your vindicare assassin. Other option is to take an elite inquisitor give it a power weapon and maybe a psyhic power and attach it to a squad.

Its late, so my points maybe wrong but I am pretty sure you can fit one of those in with the points you have left.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
I normally don't use arco's and penitent engines, but I am pretty sure you only need a priest to use those. You need an inquisitor to "unlock" death cult assassins and imperial assassins. In that case it only needs to be an elite inquisitor not a lord inquisitor.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
One point, if you are going to put your inquisitor squad in a chimera, use something instead of heavy bolter servators, maybe warriors with special weapons or acoyltes with stormbolters. Since they are heavy bolters, they can't move and shoot. They should be sitting back in cover and just shooting and not moving up with the rest of your army.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Acolytes w/ stormbolters or warriors with flamers would be good. And cheap. Just roll up and unload on the sorry sinners.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Allright, I think I'll do that.

However, after looseing my vindicare and now my Heavy Bolters I'm allitle worried about the range of my army.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
With almost all your units in tanks you should be rushing your opponent and not sitting back taking shots at them. You don't need six heavy bolter shots if you can drive up in a chimera and unload all those shots along with all the shots from the inquisitor squad which just deployed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would like to make sure that you know that a priest has to join a unit and a battle sister squad must be 10 or more models strong and can only take a rhino (capacity 10 models) as a transport. There is no way you can take a priest and fit it into a transport with a battle sisters squad. Maybe a dominion squad with some special weapons in an immolator or rhino (Id prolly go with immolator unless you want more than 5 models in the sqaud + priest and its full). or you can put him with some Celestians in a transport, maybe with your canoness if you take off the jump pack...that does make for a rly expensive unit tho

those are some suggestions, but your current list has your priest in the battle squad and you could put him into the dominions without having to change anything

I would also suggest giving him his laspistol instead of a Close combat weapon since it doesnt rly effect his close combat abilities unless he has 2 CC weapons and a laspistol can count as one of the two anyways

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi i've read somewhere on some army lists for witch hunters that include an equip called blade of admonition. Also, priests appear divided into confessors, so on and so forth. Also present are sister hospitalers. Are these from the old codex, is mine outdated, or are they in some new update or such?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts