Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daemonhunter Codex available here.

Witch Hunter Codex available here

You need to be a member of the website to download them, but that is easy enough to do.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Hey, thanks tu_shan82.

Have downloaded just to be shure, but are they copies of the old ones or have there been changes ?

·
Premium Member
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm pretty sure they're just copies of the old ones.

·
Registered
118 Posts
the WH one is the same, though you cant ally them out to other armies, the DH one is missing the allies page all together. so far a little discord over what it means.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Is this legal?

·
Registered
118 Posts
if you mean the download, then yes it is. if you mean their rules, then yes they are, though theyll need a faq/errata to sort out inconsistencies.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Is this legal?
Considering the links take you to GW's website and it is their product they are choosing to make available for download, the answer would have to be yes.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Just in case anyone misses it, this morning's teapot tempest is the fact that the four out of the five PDF editions of the Daemonhunters codex is missing the two pages with things like the Army List, FOC, and allies rules. The two otherwise missing pages are in the French edition.

There appear to be some other minor inconsistencies like Rhinos lacking the Repair rule in some languages.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
not bad and i have downloaded them for completness however i have to ask where the allies function went. If i remeber correctly DH could ally to any Imperial army and i was soo looking forward to using a Psycannon or 2 in my Crimson Spartan army.
Am i right in assuming that this "Rule" not longer exisits?

·
Registered
118 Posts
this is up in the air at the moment, some say it means the rule is gone, i think its just a clerical error. mellisia over at bols checcked the foreign versions that went up and at least one still has the page with the allies rules in it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
The rule is gone apparently.

I'm less than impressed with the editing - they've left a lot of the old problems like Rhinos with one Fire Point and Armoured Fist squads (FFS GW, cop yourselves on). Its just sloppy all round. They must be so busy with the Tyranid FAQ that they forgot to change the PotMS. Shit, Doom of M must be causing all kinds of problems.:stinker:

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
Read a funny statement over at BOLS. Does this new PDF override the printed version, meaning allies are no longer allowed? If this is true then the fact DH have no FOC means they could field nothing but terminators or landraiders if they wanted to :D

I hope whatever the guy has to say will shed some light on what they are doing with the codicies.
In other, non-Warhammer related news, we've added both the Witch Hunters: Codex and the Daemonhunters: Codex to the Astronomican. You can now download both of these for free. This is great news for all 40K fans so tomorrow I'll drag myself away from the Warhammer world and talk a bit more about them.

·
Registered
4,461 Posts
Read a funny statement over at BOLS. Does this new PDF override the printed version, meaning allies are no longer allowed? If this is true then the fact DH have no FOC means they could field nothing but terminators or landraiders if they wanted to :D

I hope whatever the guy has to say will shed some light on what they are doing with the codicies.
Main Rulebook still has a FOC. That applies to all standard missions. So even if those pages are no longer legal, then DH will still have to adhere to the FOC.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Why, have they gone somewhere...until it's errata'ed and/or FAQ'ed this pdf is just another shambolic piece of poor 'business'...it doesn't even contain a FOC for DH, bring on GKT Death Wing - style lists.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts