Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ive just started to convert and gs a 40k nurgle monster this is very early wip and just started the leg base
the idea so far.....
ive started with defiler legs as a base and started to layer on gs to get a more fleshy feel and look, im not sure how i want this to turn out yet, ive got an idea of like a big mechanical/flesh deamon prince or like a big demonic dread knight with a nurgle pilot in it, anyway heres my wip so far, keep in mind ive never done any extensive gs work apart from little bits like space marine seals and joins for armour and re positioning limbs.

all comments and help welcomed.

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
Looking good so far, definitely going to watch for your progress pics.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
A fat stumpy foot would fit well I think, but so could a hoof or something else. If you want to keep in mechanical you could have a bunch of pipes and wires coursing all around it's flesh.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
heres a positing shot im trying out ive put some hooved feet onto him to start to build the legs up.

soo the top half, im really not sure how to proceed yet, do i build it up to be a proper deamon prince or a deamon engine based on a dread knight with a nurgle pilot.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Hooves look good, just need a bit of GS to make the meld look good. The thing with GS and Nurgle is that as long as you make it look disgusting it works. That said, take a look at @Svartmetall's log to see how he works his GS. Should give you some ideas.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hooves look good, just need a bit of GS to make the meld look good. The thing with GS and Nurgle is that as long as you make it look disgusting it works. That said, take a look at @Svartmetal's log to see how he works his GS. Should give you some ideas.
yeah i was just checking out his blog on making things like skin and guts lol.

anyone know a good tutorial on making cables and the like

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just a quick update of what i done this evening, just the positioning all in place and started to bulk out the legs more.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice work so far man but the feet still look a little unfinished to me. maybe add another set of hooves on the back? or even two? so that they form a Y shape with the single point facing forward. Just an idea.
hmm interesting idea ill need to source some small type hooves as the same size ones i dont have na d my big to big, hmm i could try a different type of support toe/claw to add to either side of the hoof

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
hmm interesting idea ill need to source some small type hooves as the same size ones i dont have na d my big to big, hmm i could try a different type of support toe/claw to add to either side of the hoof
Claw would work. the way it looks now its almost as if youre going to see the ankles just snap.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you looked at reference for the feet? I feel like they'd look more finished if you did. Nice work on the base though.
ive not looked at a reference, but ive gone with a 3 pronged kind of foot , so the hoof in the centre and 2 clawed toes out the side/back of the foot i want the feel like they give extra support and can be even moved independently to grip things, here a few pics, what i got done is put some brass rods in for guides of the toes and bulked out the legs more but also put a couple armor plates on legs

with the back foot toes im gonna make them grip the rhino door i think

also do u think this will be to big to make into a plague sword for this beast

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok so i scrapped up a frame for my monsters upperbody this is blu tacked to gether before i glue it in position and start building gs up

im thinking the shoulders are a bit to wide at mo, and he looks a bit strange as no head lol

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
so i started the body now, got the initial stage all glues together and starting to build a basic shape up from the hips. ive decided im gonna use a space marines torso as a loin cloth for this dude as a trophy , and ill prob have him attached using barbed wire or sumit along them lines

all commonts welcome,

1 - 20 of 34 Posts