Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the subject asks, do you think they will give Orks access to BRB powers? Will they let the Wierd-boyz trade in their ability for a roll on a chart? If so which ones do you think they will gain access to? I personally hope they do give them access but in the form of a new model. I love the way the Wierd-boyz powers function it fits in with the Ork theme in my mind. At the same time though they are not exactly the greatest choice of a unit in the game.

So thoughts on the matter? Should the Orks get access and how should it be done?

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
Honestly, I hope that they don't. The Orks have a certain feel to them. Shit that should fall apart works because they think it will, they are not as scared when they are in numbers, their vehicles are faster because they have a red color somewhere on it .... this is the kind of stuff that just makes me laugh about the orks.

Giving them access to a very "refined" psyker power just does not fit for me. And Gork (or is it Mork?) would not approve of such a structured environment required to learn said psyker powers.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thing is I can see them giving the same access the Nids have.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
The only powers that would fit Orks in any way would be Pyromancey. The Orks want big and flashy shows of power. If a Weirdboy is going to lead, he better be able to impress his Boyz. But it would have to be incorperated into their randomness. Perhaps there could be an Ork table and the Pyromancey one. You roll at the beginning of the game to see which you roll on during the game. But more than likely, they'll do something similar with two Ork tables; one for Mork and one for Gork.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Or maybe a roll each turn and reference the BRB for that roll?

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I reckon if they do it it will be pick a discipline and roll randomly each turn, but I reckon they will try and focus on ork-specific powers so will most likely have the disciplines which are more witchfire based (like Pyromancy)

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
Or maybe a roll each turn and reference the BRB for that roll?
Only problem with that is that you lose that most Orky of outcomes of something going horribly wrong !

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nah you keep those and say on a roll of 3 you can cast the pyromancy primaris

·
Banned
7,889 Posts
As long as something completely bonkers can happen, I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It most likely won't happen as Fantasy Orks have their own magic and the only ability to roll on BRB powers is from a 100pt item... and its completely random what spells you get each turn.

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
As long as something completely bonkers can happen, I'm happy with that.
If you roll a Perils, the Weirdboy explodes, damaging everything nearby?

·
Banned
7,889 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Make them orky as Gork and Mork combined!

They benefit from the Mob rule for making psychic tests up Ld10, if more than 10 boyz in the squad he succeds ever time but must still roll for perils. If rolling perils the weirdboy takes 1D6 boyz with him into the warp, 2D6 if the squad is 11 or more.

I would love two diciplines, Gork and Mork, that kept the randomness as it is. Roll once for dicipline in the beginning and then for power each turn. Some spells getting stronger if there is more boyz around would be awesome! It could be balanced with the above that you risk more boyz if something goes wrong. That is orky!

BRB powers? I doubt the orks have ever heard of the BRB!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
Make them orky as Gork and Mork combined!

They benefit from the Mob rule for making psychic tests up Ld10, if more than 10 boyz in the squad he succeds ever time but must still roll for perils. If rolling perils the weirdboy takes 1D6 boyz with him into the warp, 2D6 if the squad is 11 or more.

I would love two diciplines, Gork and Mork, that kept the randomness as it is. Roll once for dicipline in the beginning and then for power each turn. Some spells getting stronger if there is more boyz around would be awesome! It could be balanced with the above that you risk more boyz if something goes wrong. That is orky!

BRB powers? I doubt the orks have ever heard of the BRB!
That is some pretty good stuff. It makes a lot of sense for Orks. (That's a weird thing to say.) But it would be true that the latent Psychic energy of the Boyz around a Weirdboy could benefit or harm him, depending on Perils.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
That is some pretty good stuff. It makes a lot of sense for Orks. (That's a weird thing to say.) But it would be true that the latent Psychic energy of the Boyz around a Weirdboy could benefit or harm him, depending on Perils.
Fluffwise it does a lot of sense. And Orks I believe are the masters of making sense out of the unsenseble. :)

After reading Rynn's World I have also thought of if not the Weirdboys should give some sort of penalty to other psykers. It is stated in the book that the Librarians have trouble concentrating and commune over distances cause of the ork psykers surrounding New Rynn City. Maybe all enemy psykers add +1 for every weirdboy within 18" to their psychic test rolls. Snakeeyes would still be perils.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts