Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but I couldn't find any threads on it, and I'm interested to see your opinions on whether or not the folks at GW will make a drastic change to the game by waking the emperor up, or having him reincarnated (of course drastic changes would have to be made, books re-released etc., but that's not what I'm talking about right now).

I for one am interested to see what the emperor has to say on what has become of Humanity, none of which I imagine would be too pleasant.

Thoughts, anyone?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
No GW won't ever make that drastic a change. Why would they? They've spent 20 years so far getting the background to here.

Why not try it for yourself though? I dunno, WH42K or something... fluff, 'futuristic' army list, rules for the Emperor - I'd be interested in your take on what's in the future for the Imperium (personally, I think it's all a nid's breakfast, but there you go!)

'The quality of cyclops is not strained...'

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My opinion is cypher will euthanise him. Then we'll all get to see if the reincarnation rumours are true.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think this will happen; Abaddon and a bunch of sorcerors will use the powers of chaos to corrupt the emperor's soul and send the imperium into anarchy. Then the nids will try to have their "breakfast", but the necrons will attack the nids because they want to be the ones who harvest the souls of all of the galaxy's races. Then all the armies will fight each other until all the races are wiped out except for the eldar and the dark eldar, who will come out of the webway and have a massive "we won" party (with tons of snacks).

·
Registered
599 Posts
Soon as GW figures out how making him do so will make more cash.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Its easy, you release him as a 'Limited Edition' £50 boxed set, only say, 3000 in the country. You then make him brutally hard, and allow space marine players to field him as a legitimate hq choice.

Here's the real money maker though...

The fact that he's 'limited edition' will ensure he sells, along with harsh, effective rules for all the power gamers.

Then, later on, they release different variants on the emperor, all special limited runs, but with different rules...

See where i'm going with this?

If they wanted to, they really could make some easy money. Especially when they release limited runs of a reincarnated horus...

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
The Emperor and his Primarchs vs. the Star Gods vs. the Eldar Pantheon vs. the Chaos Pantheon vs. Chuck Norris.... Who would win? (Hint: this is a trick question.)

·
Registered
589 Posts
Then the nids will try to have their "breakfast", but the necrons will attack the nids because they want to be the ones who harvest the souls of all of the galaxy's races.
That's an interesting concept, I've always simply assumed Necrons and Tyranids would simply ignore each other.

Keeping in line with the rest of the thread, I think Cypher will eventually get to the Emperor. When he does, all hell breaks loose, as if it hasn't already.

·
Registered
429 Posts
he can't wake up his mind is fragmented o if he did you could end up with a chaos Worshiper as the Emperor.
Also to Siege the rons would attack nids due to the nids being psycik

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think either Abaddon finally kills the Emperor, or the Void Dragon wakes up, the Chaos forces retreat to the warp, and the rest of the galaxy is frakked. Of course the DE will stay in Commorragh, the Eldar will retreat to the webway, and some Orks will survive on some space hulks and whatnot, they always do. After all that the 'Nids fight the Necron to prevent them from raising enough Pylons to seal the galaxy off from the Warp (The Hive Mind wouldn't like that)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll tell you why the emperor doesn't wake up, he doesn't want to.
Far in the future, every day of the week will be Monday (he just couldn't take it anymore).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wasn't the guy before J Johnson trying to move 40k into the endgame? Well he got sacked or left or whatever, but that tells you how likely the emperor is to come back.

We'll be in the 41st Millinea before GW decides to wake him up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If we think about it, the game's eternal "present" is near the ending years of the 41st millenium. I always assumed that the tomorrow that never comes would hold the fulfillment of all those prophecies we read about in our codex's.

But, the game is particularly always been about the wars between the Horus Heresy and whatever happens tomorrow.

Honestly, I think GW has put themselves in a bit of a box, as they have no more history to write in the form of campaigns or such. And I really wish they'd make a campaign where player involvement decided a little piece of galaxy history.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
The Emperor can't wake up because he's physically brain-dead. He's a corpse on his throne, and the only thing that keeps him "alive" is his psychic energy, which is renewed through the sacrifice of a thousand witches a day.

The title of Warhammer 40,000 is just a title. A lot of games move forward in their timelines-- I'd imagine that we'll start seeing M42 dates soon enough. Classic Battletech is an excellent example of that sort of thing-- the game took place in the 3020's originally, but the timeline has advanced to nearly year 3100 these days-- sourcebooks have been coming out for 3080 and whatnot.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts