Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I hope Curze comes back, not Night Haunter and leads the imperium to a new golden age against the forces of chaos.

·
Super Moderator
10,976 Posts
I don't see any of the primarchs returning and I don't think they should.

As they are, the loyalist primarchs are all gone or dead, yet the Imperium reveres their names and fights in their honour like some pantheon of gods guiding their hands.

The Chaos primarchs are few in number and likewise figures of borderline myth to the Imperium for the most part.

Point is, they don't NEED to actually do anything at this point because they've already become legends in their own right, in many cases deified or equivalent. They belong right where they are in this setting, as figures of distant awe.

If it were 30k or Post-40k, maybe. But not as things stand. Not in present 40k.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb here and make a really random arse comment; but was there any Primarchs in past CSM/SM Codex's. As I surf both Lexicanum and the Web I find pictures of Warhammer 40k Primarchs in miniature form; and many others as well. As of this past hour I have found a Sanguinius, Angron, Guilliman, Leman Russ, Macharius, Imbraham Gaunt, and 3 Random Ecclesiarchy Saints. While I am not sure if they were made for show, or custom built, does anyone here know if perhaps GW made models of them for 2nd or 3rd Edition Codex?

Any, just putting this out there in case anyone knows about it.
No, there have never been any primarch rules in any Codex.

Angron did have rules once in epic, the 6mm scale game published by GW. He may have also had an Apocalypse data sheet at one point.

The only official primarch models are the one's being released by forgeworld (and the old epic angron). Any others you see are conversions or 3rd party products.
@Lux How is Curze going to come back since he's dead? How do you separate Curze from the Night Haunter? They're one in the same. Prince of Crows suggests Night Haunter was by far Curze's preferred persona and his 'true' one. All his justifications about justice and rule through fear were a sham, he did it because he enjoyed it, like his psychopathic sons.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
How is Curze going to come back since he's dead? How do you separate Curze from the Night Haunter? They're one in the same. Prince of Crows suggests Night Haunter was by far Curze's preferred persona and his 'true' one. All his justifications about justice and rule through fear were a sham, he did it because he enjoyed it, like his psychopathic sons.
Don't....just don't.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
As i typed a sense of dread came over me; i knew i should stop before it was too late, i knew to tempt the beast was foolish, that i would become the recipient of knowledge i did not want. But i was weak, i couldn't stop myself.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Who's Pandora, and how do I get into her box?

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Trust me man... been there... you want no part of that... :puke:

You cannot know of the horrors I saw in there... :shok:

·
8,723 Posts
*puts on rubber suit*

I'm game for anything :crazy:

·
Warsmith
1,190 Posts
The problem is if any of the Primarchs came back whom says they would have the same agendas as they had 10k again!

(I for one would welcome the return of a Primarch leading a new galaxy spanning Genestealer Cult!)

·
Registered
37 Posts
No, there have never been any primarch rules in any Codex.

Angron did have rules once in epic, the 6mm scale game published by GW. He may have also had an Apocalypse data sheet at one point.

The only official primarch models are the one's being released by forgeworld (and the old epic angron). Any others you see are conversions or 3rd party products.
@Lux How is Curze going to come back since he's dead? How do you separate Curze from the Night Haunter? They're one in the same. Prince of Crows suggests Night Haunter was by far Curze's preferred persona and his 'true' one. All his justifications about justice and rule through fear were a sham, he did it because he enjoyed it, like his psychopathic sons.
Don't....just don't.
Trust me man... been there... you want no part of that... :puke:

You cannot know of the horrors I saw in there... :shok:
Fulgrim... Curze... and Lionel... Mmmm

·
8,723 Posts
Angron did have rules once in epic, the 6mm scale game published by GW.
There was also Fulgrim, Mortarion & Magnus :)

·
Registered
633 Posts
And lore wise, Abaddon has forged pacts with and gained the support of most of the Chaos Primarchs for his 13th Black Crusade. The Despoiler intends to unleash them, along with their daemonic hordes, when he is able to establish the Crimson Path. Of course though, this will never actually come to pass in the lore because the setting will never advance beyond 999.M41. :)
[/QUOTE]

Originally I've had concerns about the direction the story has taken in a few aspects. Superman characters and "taming" of other characters. So tell me why you don't want to story to progress past 999.M41? What would be so horrible at resolving these plot lines. So many left open and never resolved or just retconned. Even you have complained with the new Fulgrim plot change. You think that will be the end of it? The writers do not have the ability to make truly "new" stories. So they have started looking at old stories and began to tweak them. That's why there isn't a legitimate characterization for the Emperor yet and most of his sons have suffered the same lack of solid characterization. Some of the best novels in the Heresy series have been tweaked to fit new fluff. This will not stop. How will progressing the story line make this any worse?

·
Bane of Empires
5,131 Posts
So tell me why you don't want to story to progress past 999.M41? What would be so horrible at resolving these plot lines?
The setting is frozen at the Time of Ending, even moving the clock forward a single century would realistically see the end of the Imperium. Remember, the theme behind Warhammer 40,000 isn't that the Imperium will one day emerge triumphant. It's the chronicle of how humanity ends, inch by inch. If you allow progression there won't be an Imperium left to be the protagonists.

So many left open and never resolved or just retconned. Even you have complained with the new Fulgrim plot change. You think that will be the end of it?
I don't think complaining about minor elements of a HH novel can be realistically compared to wanting a major timeline progression across the whole setting. Just because I don't want the timeline to advance doesn't mean I have to like and enjoy all plot developments that are incorporated into the setting.

The writers do not have the ability to make truly "new" stories. So they have started looking at old stories and began to tweak them. That's why there isn't a legitimate characterization for the Emperor yet and most of his sons have suffered the same lack of solid characterization. Some of the best novels in the Heresy series have been tweaked to fit new fluff. This will not stop. How will progressing the story line make this any worse?
I disagree. The writers have an almost endless opportunity to create new stories and incorporate them into the setting. They've been doing it for decades, and will continue to do so.

And I would argue that some Primarchs lack a solid characterisation because of a lack of talent in the BL author-pool, not because of the nature of the setting.

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
And I would argue that some Primarchs lack a solid characterisation because of a lack of talent in the BL author-pool, not because of the nature of the setting.
Indeed, compare Aaron's Curze, Angron or Lorgar to Swallow's Mortarion or Lee's El'Johnson.

It's clearly evident that given the right author 40k novels can have characterization and emotional depth as easily as they have battle scenes.

Just look at the glimpse we get inside Curze's mind and his legion's members in The Prince of Crows.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
Indeed. At the moment I would be more than content for ADB, Abnett and Wraight to write the rest of the Heresy series alone. They seem to be the only ones capable of really bringing some character and flavour to the Primarchs and their Legions. Abnetts Horus, Alpharius Omegon and Guilliman, ADB's Lorgar, Angron, the Lion and Curze, Wraights Khagan. Or the smaller almost cameo roles the trio have written for Sanguinius, Russ, Mortarion and Corax, along with all of their Legions. Mcneill initially started well with Magnus and his Sons, and Fulgrim, but then lost it after that in most opinions.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
I have contemplated your question over the past week...on how Curze would return to save the Imperium.

I will be creating a thread later today...

41 - 60 of 102 Posts