Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why's space marine so empty!?!?
I kind find a single multiplayer game at all, only one noob playing exterminatas when it takes 4!

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a pretty fun game, I enjoy hopping about the battle field as an assault marine, out flanking, engaging in gun fights, using my jump pack to avoid fire, I love it
Where as I hate gears, no assault marines, weird 40k ripoff lancers
But you would expect at least a couple of people to be on, not just me+ one other dude!

·
Bruva I am hit!
582 Posts
One, the lack of persistent servers mean that players have to rely on the host's connection to keep playing, and among other issues, switching hosts mid-game brings the game to an abrupt halt. Lag and FPS slowdown are common - the latter of which, normally being a hardware or client-side software issue, is not present in single player (i.e. it's a problem with the game, not with the comp).

Two, somewhere along the line, every player in the game realized they could get quick and easy kills with Lascannons, Plasma Cannons, Vengeance Launchers, Meltaguns, and Thunder Hammers. A few stick to the Bolter + Kraken Rounds + Targeter, but the game has become Counter Strike-esque - basically a race to see who can shoot first and who can get the most one-hit kills. This has robbed the game of much of its adrenaline and indeed much of its premise - I feel less like a Spess Mehreen and more like a Counter Strike player with an AWP.

The multiplayer just isn't fun. Now that THQ has gone under, any hope of Relic trying to patch, balance, or otherwise administrate it is gone as well. That's my take on it, anyhow.

EDIT: Or it could be because the bulk of players haven't gotten on yet. Pick one. Pick both, even.

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
What platform are you playing on?

I am on the Xbox 360 and seem to always able to get into a game of multiplayer or into Exterminatus when I happen to feel like it.

·
Innovative Forge-Lord
2,579 Posts
I stopped playing Space Marine a long time ago because it simply got boring and ModWar3 was a much more entertaining game. If you jump into MW3 multiplayer now it is almost (not quite) dead, the majority of players having defected to playing Black Ops2 (dreadful game:puke:).

I can guarantee, come next Tuesday, that the BLOPs2 servers will suffer a similar fate as every COD enthusiast - me included - starts playing COD: Ghosts.

Gamers are fickle and always after the newest innovation especially if what they are currently playing has become boring and repetitive.

This is where, for my money, the original COD4 Modern Warfare was and still is the best title in the series, at least as far as PC games go. Clans abounded with their own servers. My own clan, [*USS*], had a great sense of fair play and gaming ethics. We had multiple servers looked after by dedicated admin/players. The MOD community was enormous and we had at least 20 new maps every month so the game NEVER became repetitive or boring.

MW2 and 3 brought with them their own innovations and disappointments but that brilliant level of gameplay in COD4 was never re-captured. I fervently hope that Ghosts brings back some of the good times!!!

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Could never get a game when I first got it.

Matters not as I've let my Gold membership slide this year anyways due to budget cutbacks. :(

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had a blast the 1st hour or so but then everything started to feel like a chore. I was playing on easy and almost dying all the time, or I just sucked. I stopped playing about half way through the game.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
I nailed it all the way through - I've completed all the exterminatus level on multiplayer too.
I keep going back to it as its the only way to play a Night Lord on my ps3.

Plasma pistol/Power Sword and a jump pack ftw.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts