Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been playing Necrons for only a few months now, and already i have noticed the amount of hate that is directed towards te C'tan. Why is this? they are ridiculousley (i cant spell!) expencive in points, and really easy to kill.

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
Mostly it is just a person's view that no person should be aloud to have a god on their side.

I like it when my enemies use them. An easy way for me to get a lot of points.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mostly it is just a person's view that no person should be aloud to have a god on their side.

I like it when my enemies use them. An easy way for me to get a lot of points.
exactly, so why do people hate them if they are just there for the other person to get loads of points. there is no point having a god on your side if you can't actually use it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think people are scared of 'em thats all. They cry "CHEESE!" even though all armies have some uber-powerful units. I am sick of it, thats cover talk for fear not truth.:angry:

·
Registered
599 Posts
It may also stem from frustration win or lose Shooting an army to death only to have the get up is annoying and can be frustrating, while acounted for by the units cost it may not be over powered but frustration can lead to it being vied as such...that added to your basic unit able to kill tanks.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think the fact is that some people just don't like Special Characters regardless of whether they are fair/balanced with their point cost or whatever. They can die just like anything else.

My Avatar wasn't able to make all his saves against a mob of 30 Ork Boyz... just too many dice. (Although he took out about half the mob before he went down. :biggrin: )

·
Registered
538 Posts
No different than Abbadon,Mephiston and a few other special characters.
You would think they would like it since it's either 300 or 365 pts on 1 model.
It's bad enuff to have players crying, when my monolith(s) teleport units out of close combat and shred their assaulting sqds. This is just another log on the fire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts