Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to Warmahordes so there is one thing I'm curious about. There are four merc contracts and looking through the merc book each contract gets a fairly long fluffy background story. However there are also a fifth merc "faction" in the book that gets a really long fluffy background story that makes them out to the quintessential mercenary force, the Steelhead Charter.

So how come (except for a few themed lists) the Steelheads doesn't have their own contract?

·
Registered
30 Posts
The way I see it is, they don't want their own contract. Since many who hire mercs don't need an entire army (say probably 1-3 units on average), they want to stay available to all parties. If they started their own enterprise, not only would they have to work on a larger scale, but rather than fitting in with every mercenary contract they'd be competing with them, ultimately getting less work. You have your rare Damianos who make it possible to entertain the idea, but ultimately it's less expense, less work and less responsibility to simply hire on with every interested party than to go it alone.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
The way I see it is, they don't want their own contract.
This.

As already stated, it's far more profitable for the SteelHead forces to be able to parcel themselves out :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts