Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
" Dr" Sheldon Cooper enjoys almost all sci-fi universes there is. He also enjoy fantasy and not to forget hos hobby for miniatyre trains. Sci-fi-fantasy-miniatyres. Why does he and the rest of the guys in TBBT play warhammer?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Probley because the creators of big bang don't no GW exist.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Would you even want a show like that to mention W40K or anything else you love?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Would you even want a show like that to mention W40K or anything else you love?
So long as it's funny and does it in good humour, why not? :) TBBT makes tons of references to many, many things I love (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, WoW etc) and it's all done in pretty good taste.

·
Warlord of Vermin
882 Posts
does anyone think that GW would get a big intake of new hobbyists who would have seen their products in the BBT?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Probably not - it's mostly tongue-in-cheek derogatory comments regarding their 'nerdier' pursuits, not exactly the building blocks of a steady user-base :p

I also don't think the majority of people who watch TBBT have the right mind-set for wargaming. It ain't exactly the most mentally stimulating of programs. Not that it stops me from watching it, of course. :p

·
Registered
97 Posts
I remember Wh4k getting referenced in a Red Dwarf episode...

The show creators are clearly fans, as the franchise shows many similarities with Wh4k...inquisitors, BFGesque ships...

·
Registered
557 Posts
That show doesn't know how to talk about nerds in any way that is not meant to make fun of them.

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
No, you don't.

Modern Family pushes it close, but you guys just generally have different sense of humour to this side of the pond.
Concurred. I dunno how true it is and I'm far too lazy to research it, but I heard the American remake of Fawlty Towers removed Basil Fawlty as a character. Sacrilege!

·
Registered
272 Posts
First couple of seasons were good, but it just isn't funny anymore. If you want a show that is funny and awesome at the same time, Top Gear is the bomb for car guys. UKs version though, not the calamity in the US.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts