Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like the title says why is heresy so divold of posts these last few weeks. I used to love logging on here and looking at the plethora of active threads and posts but that was a long time ago.

So the few of you are left, what do think

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. It makes me sad :( I've been trying to post as frequently as possible in as many threads that I can, but there haven't been many new topics or updates to PLogs as of late.

·
Fantasy Rumors
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've noticed the same thing. It makes me sad :( I've been trying to post as frequently as possible in as many threads that I can, but there haven't been many new topics or updates to PLogs as of late.
yea i noticed. i would startup a plog. but i don't the motivation to keep it going.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Just how life works. It's getting warmer out, so people are spending more time outside. A lot of different sports are going on and if you have kids that play them, that takes up a lot of time. The people havn't gone any where, they are just busier.

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
I've not been on much because I have completely lost interest in 40k. Tired of playing GWs cash-grab games.

·
Slave to the Brush
678 Posts
I've not been on much because I have completely lost interest in 40k. Tired of playing GWs cash-grab games.
What about just being a hobbyist then? Buy a character or a box and take some time to build/convert/paint them. Spend $20-$50 and spend a few weeks painting em up. Unless you've lost all faith in the hobby as a whole :/

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
I disagree with them being "GW"'s cash-grab games. Everything every company does can be called a "cash grab" because that's what it is: an attempt to make money.

That aside, the weather getting nicer usually leads to more people spending time outside and less time posting.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
I have been working and dealing with a new child when home. That coupled with the fact that I have played maybe 6 40k games in the last 2 years.......

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
yea i noticed. i would startup a plog. but i don't the motivation to keep it going.
Same. I've gotten a little work done on some of my models, but updates would be sporadic and far spaced.

·
Closet Dictator
3,431 Posts
For me, life is just busy at the moment, work and family, and I'm not exactly a 40k intellectual so I'm mainly reactionary when it comes to threads and posting, hopefully now that the painting challenge is at an end, I can focus on my embryonic plog and post more and hopefully get some actual games in and start being a proper 40k cult member rather than a 40k dabbler

·
Premium Member
5,719 Posts
What about just being a hobbyist then? Buy a character or a box and take some time to build/convert/paint them. Spend $20-$50 and spend a few weeks painting em up. Unless you've lost all faith in the hobby as a whole :/
Oh, I've spent plenty of cash and built/painted stuff, just not GW.

Zion, endless price hikes, limited edition terrain with absurdly good rules, leaving units out of codices only to offer them later as an add-on for more cash. CASH GRAB. Selling a good product to customers you respect is not a cash grab. It's called "good business".

·
Thordis
2,438 Posts
mainly college stress and pressure I think there are quite a lot of heretics that are in college, next to the ones that are grown up have a family and a job,
I started an ongoing plog in 2011, its still ongoing, I still sometimes post in it.
but college killed my inspiration/didnt allow me the time to work on my stuff, for the past 2 years propperly, especialy with a job next to college.
now almost done,BUT the next plan is to find a job, save up money for 3 or 4 months, while I still live wiht my parents, and then move in with my partner. so thats going to be bussy as all hell too. never mind the fact that im not sure if I will have a place to paint, or even showcase my models.

·
Herald of The Warp
2,752 Posts
Insane wordload here, coupled with the fact that my band is currently mixing and mastering our debut album, so I don't have time for alot of painting and posting currently.

My guess would be the hot weather couple with exams. Posts always slow down in this period, so it's nothing new :)

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Lots of work and life is just busy. Also, since i manage to play once a week, i've less time for painting. My Plog is then quite "calm". This said, when i can, i post, and i try to participate to discussions and to give advice in plogs and list forums.
Don't be demoralized, fellow heretics. If you have time to post and you don't, you are just killing Heresy. We can't blame those who ave less time, but those who can and do not post, 'cause they feel the forum is too silent, have no excuses! :biggrin: Forward for the dark gods! post if you can! better times will come! (namely fall and winter...)

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Zion, endless price hikes,
Not so endless, most price hikes seem to be limited to renewed kits which seems to be partially due to two factors: 1) they moved development cost from an operating expense to be a part of the cost of the product and are adjusting prices to maintain the same profit margin (as most of the money goes into operating expenses), and 2) they're trying to keep their brick and mortar stores open despite them not doing all that well in most places in the US.

limited edition terrain with absurdly good rules,
That's one I didn't understand either. They'd make a lot more money if they'd just kept selling them, I think we're not seeing the whole picture on why there were so few made/sold but I can definitely agree that wasn't something I liked either.

leaving units out of codices only to offer them later as an add-on for more cash.
What units have gotten added back into codexes? GW has been removing stuff that has no models mostly and I don't recall much beyond Cypher and Be'lakor in terms of new stuff being offered to go back in.

CASH GRAB. Selling a good product to customers you respect is not a cash grab. It's called "good business".
Most companies don't respect their customers though. Even the nicest companies (and I mean big companies here, not your little Mom and Pop places) only do what they do because it makes them money, not because of the kindness of their hearts.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts