Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI everyone! my name is costas. i am from athens , Greece. i'm a newbee on the site and in the 40k universe.i' ve started collecting IG this summer. i' ve a HQ, 2 squads, a heavy weapons suad (autocannons), a commissar , and 2 leman russ's (santa came early this year). why i chose the guard? because after a 1 year of service in the greek army ( i joined the infantry) i can relate what it feels like to be a grunt. anyway the site is very good and helpfull (tactics e.t.c) .that's all for now and remember fellow guardsmen:
-Guardsmen hold the line... no matter what...!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
another military guy nice.

welocme to heresy online

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Haha welcome to Heresy.

Great to have another Gaurd player here. Are you still in the Army? Also what regiment are you going with?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone, nice to meet u! my service ended this may. i'm not a military man :) . in greece the military service is obligatory (but it was fun!). i've started with cadians, i will name my regiment 641 "The Grunts". quick question to fellow guardsmen.. what do you prefer, heavy bolter with heavy3 or lascannon with heavy1? (i have a problem with a friend, he has some bad thousand sons).see u around guardsmen!

·
Registered
132 Posts
I very much prefer the Lascannon, and like the autocannon if I need more shots. I rely on my tonnes of grenade launchers and tanks (who are Heavy Bolter heavy) for my swarm control. Since I carry one on each of my three transports and three on each of my tanks I really don't need more with the infantry.

By the way, while adding Sharpshooters to a Heavy Weapons Squad isn't quite as good as twinlinking them, it's still a very fun thing to do, and entirely worth it the way I play my guard.

Then again, I play abhuman mechanized guard.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Heya! Welcome to Heresy Online and Welcome to the Imperial Guard!

As for your question, considering the TSons, I'd go for heavy bolters over lascannons. With the 4+ invulnerable saves, it isn't really a matter of how strong the weapons is, rather than just how many shots your sending their way. Keeping heavy bolters in infantry squads usually helps the squad's overall efficiency as well. The lasguns can usually target the same model as the heavy bolter, meaning that your entire squad is getting in on the action. Lascannons (and missile launchers, really) are fine in support squads or on vehicles, but are rather inefficient in infantry platoons.

My army is full of heavy bolters, autocannons and missile launchers, and uses no lascannons at all. All I can say for this is that the army has no trouble against chaos or marines of any type.

·
Registered
598 Posts
hey there!
welcome to the boards, i hope you keep posting and have fun~
if you have any more questions, feel free to ask

1 - 11 of 11 Posts