Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
other than sanguinius, i havent heard of any seeing the future. doesnt it make sense for atleast a few of the the BA to have the same gift? i would really expect mephiston to have it atleast. its like sanguinius' sacrifice passed down the reverse of that ability.

or did i miss something somewhere?

·
Registered
414 Posts
nah dont think you missed anything. other primarchs had foresight too, Konrad and Magnus. Only Magnus' boys could really properly use it and Konrad's boys would flop on the ground and start having deathly seizures, but whether that was foresight or not is the question. iono, could be Horus' fault cause he killed Sanguinius with an uber psychic attack that triggered the Black Rage, so it could have fucked up the geneseed psychically as well.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
All Librarians can use it, with varying degrees of sucess. The real reason it isn't represented is that it would make SM an uber-army.

"Nu-Uh! My Librarian can see the future and dodged your attack!"

I can see it now. Anyways, it is partially shown in Veil of Time (SM) and Warptime (CSM). The Blood Angels don't see the future because they are not psykers. Mephiston can.

-Dirge

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
mephiston is more than hard enough without seeing the future,

·
Registered
14 Posts
astartes are genticly based from their primarchs not cloned, so not everything passes down.

"iono, could be Horus' fault cause he killed Sanguinius with an uber psychic attack that triggered the Black Rage, so it could have fucked up the geneseed psychically as well."

Revenent, this isn't true horus beat down and strangled sanguinus, horus wasn't a psychic anyways. please do some research into teh chapter before posting you ideas, especially if you have blood angels posted as your main army.

·
Registered
203 Posts
All Librarians can use it, with varying degrees of sucess. The real reason it isn't represented is that it would make SM an uber-army.
What are you talkin about? Space Marines are an uber-army, go Space Marines!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and I thought the black rage was triggered when a khorne greater daemon broke his legs or summat (before the battle on Terra)! I read that somewhere...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Well, after all my readings in GW stuff, I read that Sanguinius had this power, but why would it be given to other BA ?
DNA+mutation+psyker is a case over a billion, so I think no BA can see the future.

Mephiston has a lot of praise because he "overwelmed" the rage etc...but that is not linked. (The rule of blood fascination when he won a CC in the past was a sign he was not perfectly healed lolz)

·
Registered
745 Posts
we have too much meddling from the eldar scum beside astartes seeing things and the inquistion getting involved and killing everything. besides if the emperor couldnt see what was coming then anyone else its probably just wasted on anyway.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Apparently the Emperor's Tarot was able to foresee the future, but it's little more than a personalised horoscope.

In the 4th Ed rulebook (i think - might have been in the SM codex) it said that "The emperor had been blessed with foresight, but the future beyond that day has been denied to him." so i think that maybe foresight was denied to humans from that day on.

·
Registered
745 Posts
i take it "that day" was the day he was placed in the golden throne?!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Actually the Tarot wasn't really used to much before the Emperor was enshrined.
Kurze used it in The Dark Tower series and so did Malcador. It was used a lot before/ during? the the Dark Age of Technology and then it drifted off when the Emperor took over. During the Heresy Malcador shows Dorn and I am pretty sure from their it built up.
Now the Tarot is used all the time. It is how the Astropaths and Librarians do divinations.
Durang

1 - 12 of 12 Posts