Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Emperor ... on the Golden Throne. I'm not sure why he has one as he was meant to be in such a bad state when he returned from the VS that he technically wouldn't have had time to get one fitted.

Right?!

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,046 Posts
Decoration. Some time after the Emperor was enthroned, his custodes came to believe that the poor fellow looked a bit dour, so they decided that a bit of sprucing up might turn that eternal frown upside down. Didn't work, though; as it turned out he's just a cranky S.O.B.. There's just no pleasing some people.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Not something I'd ever thought of before. But now you mention it......

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe they wanted to install a second one in the first place, but then they couldn't afford it for budgetary needs (money is a real issue in an universe where a guy just sits on a throne of gold, believe it or not), so they just went for the "old One Eye look"

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Maybe the Emperor had suffered an injury (or some other reason to add the bionic eye) previously and the eye was of such fine craftsmanship it wasn't obviously a bionic until, well, the rest of him rotted away?

·
Closet Dictator
3,432 Posts
Well he was not a rotten corpse going onto the golden throne, Horus ruined one of his eyes as well a lot of the rest of him, I'm sure his minions did their best to patch him up before placing him on the throne, also some artwork does not show him with a bionic eye. Also the emperor can still communicate with people albeit rarely and may have wanted a bionic eye to survey the real world or people who have access to him while the majority of his body decayed

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
rule of cool. simple as that. some art has it with the bionics, others don't.

·
8,723 Posts
Also the emperor can still communicate with people albeit rarely
They should just have done with it and get him a chair like Prof Hawkins :)

·
8,723 Posts
And now imagine him leading the Great Crusade.... :laugh:

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The battle between horus and the emperor, described as taking a surge of energy in the face. Melting flesh till it ran, bursting an eyeball and setting the hair alight.

So most likely an emergency bionic he recieved as he laid in life support, prior to being interred in the golden throne.

·
JUGGERNUT
2,558 Posts
Little-known bit of lore: an intern Custodes, during his first day on the job, tripped and accidentally jabbed his spear into the Emperor's dusty old eye socket. Quick-thinking, he covered it up the gouge wound with a monocle and claimed, famously, "He was like that when I got here. I don't know what you're all going on about."

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It pleases me greatly they my random thought from a piece of artwork has made 2 pages of comments.

I was under the impression that The Emperor was brought back in his damaged state and that there was no time to do any surgery on him before taking Malcadors place on the GT.

I suppose it could have been fitted after he sat down, but who would dare touch The Master of Mankind in such a way?! (unless Dorn gave permission?)

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I am not impressed by the heretical, blasphemous ridicule being directed at our beloved Emperor.
I have all your names and addresses, so you will all be receiving a visit real soon by some extremely 'ard blokes in golden armour and f#ck-off halbards!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts