Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anything PH

Votes: 0 0.0%
101 - 108 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
Chaos - they can wield lots of flamers in a small army.
Catachan - they can wield lots of flamers in a small army.

guess you can tell how i like to kill things :laugh:
Using knifes?^^

·
Registered
1,056 Posts

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Well this could be a long post as i have 6 diffrent armys.

Eldar
Spesifically Iyanden force. I chose this as my ver first army as i have always love the Wraithguard modals as well as the Wraithlords. And if i was gogin to spend £77 on a unti of 10 i'm goging to bloody well use them! I had always loved eldar and i have to admit they are what got me back inot 40k and learning to play it after i got a box of Fire Dragons just to paint for fun. It soon expanded from there and is currently my largest army. Becuase of this there is very little i don't have for my army with Harlquins, Dark Reapers and Shinning spears being the only ones i don't have any of.

Space Marines
Originaly started out as my own chapture but after a while i got board with the franky bad colour scheme so i had changed to Imperial Fists. This army was actually got becuas eof it's versitilaty which Eldar didn't have. It is ofcouse the "most popular" army and thus being able to use and know them proved to be a big advantage.

Tyranids
This army is very much small that the moment and i got it becuase i love alot of the modals and it ment i could run a horde army which Marines and Eldar can't do. I run them as Hive Fleet Medusa as Tyranids adapt there colour to there enverioment and they fought on a snow world agianst and won agianst the Imperial and Space Puppies (I dislike the puppies). This army needs alot of work at the moment and it's swam ability are only jsut startign the serface.

Blood Angels
They originaly started as me being lasy and the orignal colour scheme of my normal marines ment people oftne mistook them for Blood Angels. After a while i desided to take some of my "combat happy" aspects form my Marien army and turn them into the Angels Encarine. This army is VERY small as the only modals i have to for are 5 Assault marines, 8 Death Company (Old metals one still needing conversion), 2 Landraiders (redeemer and normal), 6 Bikes and Seth. so it's bearly legal. This army is due for an overhall soon (in the new year about feb or march) but until them i just proxy my Imperial fists as assault mairne sif i need to.

Chaos Space Marines
Mainyl got them as i love the Sorcerer and felt i needed a shooty army as every other army was very much clsoe range or CC. It turned out much mor eof a magic army with alot of tzeetch about and i have to admit that i possibly have the most fun painting thsi army over all the others. I have only just got it to a good size with minor works needed here and there but i really enjoy them (Just look at my "kill count" for Gift in my Sig). my army is actual the Bleak Brotherhood.

Imperial Guard
This iof my true Shooty army but also combines horde as well (I don't use many tank in any of my armys). It is VERY small being at 630pts but as one person at my local once said "Guard are great but you need to take out a loan to get a good army". He is compeltly right :) I'm waiting to see what i have after chriatmas but i will try and get them to 1000 by Feb. My free hand contiunes to screw me ovewr with them as i wanted to paint red Cobras on them as they are the 146th Catachan devision "the Red Cobras".

·
Registered
835 Posts
Hm.. a interesting question, but one i've thought about a lot.

I guess I can break my answer down to two areas; why space marines, and why iron lords?

First off, I choose Space Marines because well, I like their look, the fact they are kinda like the all rounders of the 40k world. Pretty awesome looking models, awesome tanks, some really killer rules in the codex. Plus because they are very versatile with what you can do with their models and their painting I think.

Next, why Iron Lords?

I chose Iron Lords simply because they were in the Marine codex and I had only ever seen one other Iron Lord army; and that army was the one that inspired me to build mine. A paint scheme you don't see, something different to everyone elses Ultramarines and other major chapters.

My next army will be a Imperial Guard army using another of the now 'fringe' regiments, and I think it'll be nice to see something a little different. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
I went with Space Marines- Ultramarines after very little thought. Space Marines, because of the long and complicated history behind them as well theor potential for me in the future fluff wise. Plus they are the Emperors wrath made manifast! (I could never see myself supporting anyone bar the forces for mankind and The Emperor!!:))

Ultramarines because they are easy to paint and convert into different SM chapters in the future. Plus it seemed like an easy way to ease myself from video game world into Tabletop.

However, once I feel I have my skills built up, the Ultramarines will meet an exterminatus of life eater paint stripper, and be replaced with something less...bland.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I go for the eye appeal. When I started with 40K it was the newest sci-fi thing out there and the RTB01 box of Space Marines was the only one Isaw. I got it and have been enjoying the minitures ever since. I have several armies and I just like the way they look.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
WOW! over 100 replies and 2000 views! Why aren't people saying anything?
Well? huh?? cant't hear you!
Im suprised with the space marines, not as many as I expected!

101 - 108 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.