• Deamons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anything PH

Votes: 0 0.0%
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I picked the new Dark Eldar after glimpsing the preview codex. I love the fact that the units have got to work together to maximize carnage, the mandrakes look awesome as a model, and I really want to see incubus models smack down some blood angel assualt units in a big way. Plus I really like the hit and run tactics, sneakiness, and hitting from the back. Yeah I'm hooked on DE.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Space Orks and i just go well togather! They fit me to a tea. I enjoy the recklessness, the great CC and over all i like how fun the Orks are.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I chose Grey Knights because of the models and fluff involving the =]I[=. I really like the way this army does things, battling superior numbers, killing daemons, purity of purpose, well they're great.

For my second army I chose BA, because I was looking another army that had an updated codex. I never liked space wolves, so BA was kinda of an obvious choice, besides I enjoy their fluff and some models are nice too.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i chose the necrons:victory:. because i just liked how simple they were to paint and also remember them being badass in the pc game so i bought about 1000 points of my friend and started from the now i have a 2500 point army and also after realizing their lack of armor and Anti-tank capabilities im starting a chaos marine army cause they look bamf:grin:

·
Registered
834 Posts
This should be easy...

Nids - I hate bugs.
Crons - I hate zombies and robots. The crons are both.
Orks - Way too stupid.
Eldar - Pansies. I never like fantasy elves, space doesn't change anything.
Dark Eldar - Same as above but cowardly pirates.
Tau - Almost. But they're communists and we all know how well communism works...
Chaos - People corrupted by the fantasy of power. Also see "Drama Queens"
Space Marines - Like us but with a superiority complex. In an age of technology any dipshit can fire a lascannon and wear power armor. Just not impressed. They need us more than we need them. ;)
IG - Easy choice if you ask me.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Nids. Saw the new models/dex and and went *...* Want! Yes, I jumped the bandwagon on Nids.
Dark Eldar. I'd been wanting to play either DE or Eldar since I began, but I had been VERY strongly warned against it for my first army(thank you those people that did, I probably would've quit 40k otherwise), ended up settling on DE for a few rules I liked more and the coolness factor of doing a rarer army. Models were just kinda eh the whole time, spent a long time searching for alternative models and eventually just gave up and bought the current ones.
I still have interest(though I keep trying to shut myself up until I can at least finish my Nid/DE armies) to play LATD, probly using either Daemons or Nids codex.

·
Registered
602 Posts
My army came about after I bought the Black Reach kit for my little brother for his birthday. He chose Orks and I grabbed the Marines. So far they're good to me (haven't lost a match yet against Orks/Tau).

They're a little bland for my taste though. Eyeballing Necro/Tyranid/Chaos next maybe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tyranids were my first. Friend gave me a box set of one and I sorta collected them. Played like 4 games and lost interest. Lately I have regained interest and want to start again. Though I am torn between starting either the new Dark Eldar or the Tau. Dark Eldar because they are really cool and their fluff is hilarious/great, though they seem hard to paint and to play. And I like Tau because of their advanced technology and intentions in the Galaxy, though their models are kinda crap and have an old codex

Plus why do people say that the Tau are the "anime" army? It is obviously the Eldar. Think about it. Anime robots tend to be sleek, thin and have a cockpit. Now think of an Eldar Wraithlord. Tau battlesuits are bulkier and much more western. Plus Eldar have SHURIKEN launchers. Tau have plasma tech. Which is more anime and japanese?

·
Imperial Major
383 Posts
True, but a wraithlord doesn't have a cockpit. But I see what you're saying. Still look at say Gundam Wing, then look at the Tau and Eldar. I think its those kinds of series where the inspiration comes from.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My first was Tyranids, cause they have many awsome models *-* But i buy too fast everything that's big and looks awsome.
And then i went for Chaos Daemons (çoz of a campaign.. i had to make a new army)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
I love marines, always have done, Played them since 2nd ed.... damn im showing my age, over the years ive played 4 or 5 different chapters for various reasons, but i just love the Rogue Trader era sillyness of the Space Sharks :)
Wow a real Space marine fan^^

·
Registered
7 Posts
Plus why do people say that the Tau are the "anime" army? It is obviously the Eldar. Think about it. Anime robots tend to be sleek, thin and have a cockpit. Now think of an Eldar Wraithlord. Tau battlesuits are bulkier and much more western. Plus Eldar have SHURIKEN launchers. Tau have plasma tech. Which is more anime and japanese?

Because the tau are an embarassingly obvious attempt to copy the aesthetic of Masamune Shirow work (specially Appleseed). The average Fire warrior look almost exacly like Briareos, one of the main characters of Appleseed. And even when anime robots and other creatures are sleek looking their weapons tend to be huge just like he taus.

And just because eldar have some asian influence doesnt make them anime-like.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Chaos - they can wield lots of flamers in a small army.
Catachan - they can wield lots of flamers in a small army.

guess you can tell how i like to kill things :laugh:

81 - 100 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.