• Deamons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Anything PH

Votes: 0 0.0%
61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
I chose my first army, the Dark Eldar, for the fluff.
Actually, that's why I have all of my armies.
Shame the game is departing from it...

·
Registered
173 Posts
My first model was an eldar wraithguard. to this day i dont know why i picked that model. but i started with Eldar ( really wanted a Saim-Hann army but could not afford all the jet bikes).

my friend that plays Blood angels gave me some marines and I tried playing dark angels ( couldn't afford all the bikes for a raven wing force ) so I made them Black legion and started my road on chaos.

which after reading the fluff i have come to believe that the emperor is a douche ( what he did to Angron was unexcusable he could have spent 15 minutes and defeated the on coming armies by his damn self and instead he let all of Angrons men die for nothing, and also He screwed over Magnus as well, if he would have listened to magnus instead of freaking out that he used sorcery to deliver the message)

Its not that i want to be a bad guy its just that i think chaos is the lesser of two evils, The Inquisition being the Major Evil out there. Ill choose Freedom over tyranny anyday.

I also Have about 2000points of Necrons when they first came out I wanted them cause i wanted an army of Terminator robots and thought they would do it but I dont play them much cause they really do suck right now ( well with my play style they do, maybe some of you out there have had better success)

now I have some marines and some orks from the AoBR set kinda want orks next, we'll see

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
I choose my armies based on the models for them.

I play eldar because their models were soooo much better than anyone else's at the time.
In the same way that semi-evolved monkey-man english-football-hooligan orks and anything chaos weren't. Tyranids weren't an army yet, and the guard (Army) ?? Who wanted to play with normal generic **** saps in a science fiction wargame? Especially when you can have ever so haughty and superior space elves.

As time went on, and their models got better, I was vindicated (especially since those other two kept getting models that sucked like a hoover).

·
Registered
667 Posts
Imperial Fists, for the roll they had in the protection of terra, because Rogal Dorn is my favorite primarch and because they are just plain cool (and yet unpopular...)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Imperial Fists, for the roll they had in the protection of terra, because Rogal Dorn is my favorite primarch and because they are just plain cool (and yet unpopular...)
Why not black templar. They are way more awesome:laugh:
And also sons of Dorn

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
First Army - Dark Eldar - Chose it because nobody else done them and after playing several games i fell in love with them.

Space Marines i picked because i leaving Games Workshop and decided to abuse my discount and blew £300 on space marines!

Empire - First Warhammer army i enjoyed using

Daemons - Won the £100 boxset in a raffle and needed a competitive army

·
Registered
365 Posts
Space Marines: I was young and they looked like they could deal with anything.

Grey Knights: Well, they're Grey Knights. 'nuff said.

Guard: To continue the trend and expand into a full Imperial force.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Theres a £100 daemons boxset?!

Also, i would say daemons are the LEAST competitive; aha.
There was but it was removed.

Actually Deamons have done really well in competitions. They can be powerful if you get some good rolls for things like deployment, but they can be easily ruined by some crappy rolls.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
SMs: theyre the poster boys & best to learn the game with

CSM: cuz who doesnt like playing as the good guys? :wink: also they have a completely differnt feel to them than SMs; almost like the 4th ed SM book - very customizable

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
My orks I started simply because I wanted another army, and I got 500 points-ish from AoBR. I got their codex, realised I actually really liked the fluff, it was pretty funny (made me lol a few times) and I found it really quick and easy to paint them, especially their skin. Started Snakebitez because I liked their fluff and had never seen a snakebite army before. Plus I liked the wider range of colours I could use, especially against Goffs.

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I picked up Eldar first because I saw the Maugan Ra model back in 3rd ed and thought it looked cool (I was 11 then).

Recently Ihave also had a go at nids becuase of my love of the alien films and at some stage maybe a tzeentch based WoC army with Galrauch becuase I still love the model.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I originally went with Tau just because I liked the look of their models, advanced combat suits, sleek vehicles that CAN HOVER. Me and my friend spent hours looking through all of the armies trying to choose the right one, and after seeing the technology of the Tau and reading their codex I knew they were the right army for me. I still stick by this decision today, as gameplay wise they are by far my favourite army and they suited my playing style really well. I managed to win most of my initial games with them. Although I was only 14 at the time and what appealed to me then does not appeal to me now, so I began getting bored with the Tau and my interest was soon turned towards humanity, specifically the Inquisition.

I took up interest in Deamonhunters, I was considering them originally, but the prices of the models were a little too high and they seemed like more of an "elite" army so I didn't want to get them when I was only a beginner. After about a year and getting plenty of Tau models, I decided I wanted a second army and of course I chose Daemonhunters. They're my favourite models, their fluff is by far my favourite and they can suit almost any role. Whereas the Tau are hopeless in close combat, Daemonhunters gave me that option, and I enjoy how the Inquisitors are very customisable.

In the end, I decided I preferred the fluff and models over the gameplay. It seemed like everyone was just playing to win, and that annoyed me and I didn't want to end up being like that. So I thought about what made the game enjoyable, and that's when I was sure Daemonhunters were my favourite army. I will always love Tau and they're still my first choice when I'm playing a ""serious"" game. The Inquisition will always be the best army for me though.

I was at one point also considering getting an IG army because of their fluff and seeing as they're the closest thing to WWII armies in the 40K universe. Although many circumstances stopped me from getting them, which I won't go in to. But IG are another definite favourite of mine.

·
Registered
160 Posts
They came with Assault on Black Reach. I liked the Astartes because I read some the novels from Black Library before and they seemed pretty cool. My girlfriend likes the Orks because of their silliness. Even though I'm brand new to the game world I'm already looking at other forces, the Tau, Necrons, or Imperial Guard...

61 - 80 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.