Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Why choose a army.
Do you think they look cool?
Same way of reacting to something(don't think so:laugh:)
Or something els?

Example
I choose pre-heresy world eaters.
They look cool
Aggresion?:p

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Shit I had a few armies. 3rd Ed I played Alotec for the Ranger/Pathfinder sniping madness. Then in 4th I tried Ulthwe, not as much fun. Sold my Elfs for CSMs. Now I have a huge Red Corsair Army cause Space Pirats is the way to go. Now I just finish my EC cause Sex and Drugs is just fun. Lots of reasons for different armies.

·
Registered
212 Posts
ORKS!
Simply because I love the simple mindset with "KILL IT!" and no questions asked :)

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
CSM's

Reasons.

- Psychological appeal: I have nihilistic ideals, and tendencies towards desires for excess in everything from violence to artistic beauty. Hence all forms of CSM appealed to me in some way.

- Personal tastes: I have always been a fan of anti-heroes and super villains, both in literature and main stream media.

- Artistic tastes: I just like the threatening feel of the art, and models in the CSM range, however even back then I felt after reading the codex that some models looked nothing like how you think they should. (Example noise marines: Seriously for marines about fast reaction time, and finesse they have some of the largest and most awkward looking weapons ever.)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
ORKS!
Simply because I love the simple mindset with "KILL IT!" and no questions asked :)
That's effectively every armies outlook on life. It's just orks are too stupid to define it further.

Death Guard - Infect it, then kill it.
World Eaters - Kill it, then kill it again
Tyranids - Overrun it, completely engulf it, over-killing it.
Dark Eldar - Cover it in leather, rape it then kill it.
Eldar - Wait for it to do something, then kill it.
Tau - Wait for someone else to kill it. then kill them.
Space Marines - Kill it. And still be the good guys.

No questions asked! :D

So by your logic, you love each race equally :3:laugh:

Atm I chose Tyranids for the Models, the Monstrous Creatures are just epic.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's effectively every armies outlook on life. It's just orks are too stupid to define it further.

Death Guard - Infect it, then kill it.
World Eaters - Kill it, then kill it again
Tyranids - Overrun it, completely engulf it, over-killing it.
Dark Eldar - Cover it in leather, rape it then kill it.
Eldar - Wait for it to do something, then kill it.
Tau - Wait for someone else to kill it. then kill them.
Space Marines - Kill it. And still be the good guys.

No questions asked! :D

So by your logic, you love each race equally :3:laugh:

Atm I chose Tyranids for the Models, the Monstrous Creatures are just epic.
That's the same way I think about they World eaters. Still the world eaters have a meaning behind the killing. Nice armour paint:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Dark Angels, because they look like middle ages knights style and I really like space marines but mostly the ones are different to ultramarines(sorry to normal).

·
I am Alpharius.
8,375 Posts
Space Marines, cause a box of them brought me into the hobby!

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
This going to be a good thread!

I chose Tyranids first because ever since I saw them when I was 9, I loved them. Later on in my life, I decided "hey, remember that game I always wanted to play... Warhammer?" So I picked up a 'Nid Battleforce and a SM Battleforce. Sold the SM to a friend, and kept the 'Nids. :)

Later, we got AoBR, my firend again got the SM and my bro got the Orks. Loved th Orks, so I bought them off him, now I got 3 Stompas, a Gargantuan Squig, every HQ, 9 Kanz and 180 Boyz!

Then my friend told me about Tau, so I started them before he did and had excellent success! My favorite army of them all.

Mantic releases zombies so I decide "Hey, why don't I make a Chaos Zombie army?" So I did, and I only have 2 boxes to go!

Also, I did CSM and Daemons somewhere along the wa,y :)

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
That's the same way I think about they World eaters. Still the world eaters have a meaning behind the killing. Nice armour paint:)
Don't get me wrong, I'm a world eaters fanatic, aha. But they really don't have a meaning for their slaughter. It's just mindless violence :laugh:

Which is one of the reasons I chose them!

I'm not challenging anyones reasons for picking, Just banter. :3:laugh:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Don't get me wrong, I'm a world eaters fanatic, aha. But they really don't have a meaning for their slaughter. It's just mindless violence :laugh:

Which is one of the reasons I chose them!

I'm not challenging anyones reasons for picking, Just banter. :3:laugh:
Yeah but still, it gives the armour some personality:laugh:

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I chose Iron snake space marines because I liked their fluff, and have one of my favourite colour schemes, plus I like the conversions you can do.

Orks I chose simply because they are a fun army, they are/can be a horde so totally opposite to my marines. I really enjoy painting their skin as well. Plus their ability to make a weapon out of nothing is pretty sweet too.

My Daemons I chose because I liked the models and fluff, as well as the idea that if I ever lose a daemon he isn't dead, just banished to wreck havoc another day xD

·
Registered
434 Posts
Orks: I have a Horde addiction, also There Simple way to solving every problem. Stomp it failing that shoot it till it falls over

Gaurd: Once again Horde addiction, Love the way Vostroyans look great looking models.

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
For me right now it would my 'Nids love them, im determined to make 'Nid Zilla work in 5th and hopefuly with at least a Fex as a nod to 4th. The models are wow, like someone said previous Monsterous Creatures = WIN :D :D :D Plus my Hive Fleet Fabulous when finished will be brilliant a Tyranid Fleet with a Rainbow colour scheme with glitter will be brilliant :D Plus it will be different to most 'Nid armies out there.

I also love Death Company, not Bloods Angels the Death Company, think the fluff is brilliant, ive even macde my own chapter called the Death Lances which will be nothing but DC, working on my own fluff for them and making them unique since they will ALL be carrying Lances :D

Also a big fan of anything DA (really hope for an update so i can get my Deathwing out again) and Sallies.

And another love would be DE, used to collect but the models were hideous so this update is like a dream to me, so come Janurary i can start them :D

·
The Apathetic Sociopath
1,039 Posts
Orks. They're NOT sugarcoated. They don't pretend to be something they're not. They're raw, gritty, anti-social, tough, aggressive, and their models reflect that. I love the detail in the Ork models, especially Forge Worlds. The miniatures have tons of character and the potential for personalization is practically endless. :picknose::eek:k:

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Eldar - Loved the modals and what origianly got me into 40k
Marines - The everyman army and could seve several things
Chaos Marines - Loved Tzeetch stuff and could proxy my normal mariens if needed.
Nids - Wanted a horde army and love the zoanthropes
Guard (Catachan) - Thought they where under rated and i love the obsure.

·
Registered
65 Posts
2nd Edition Orks - 1995 or 1996.
First model I could afford was a splatta kannon or something like it (Hop Splat field gun maybe?).

Why? I loved the fluff, the artwork, the craziness of the models.

Big green aliens that ride around blowing the snot out of stuff for giggles, beating each other over the head for teef, and making contraptions that sometimes blow up in their faces. They have a lot of character.

Hell, I haven't even played a game in years, but I still love to collect the models and buy the Codex every time a new one comes out.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Blood Angels (ever since 3rd edition)
I've loved these guys the moment I opened up the codex. At that time I didn't have a single miniature to my name. I was broke, and all I had was their fluff. I loved the Death Company. I loved them more than anything else. They had the greatest background and I am hopefully going to be collecting a full blown Death Company Army. I read James Swallows book "Blood Angel Omnibus" and I thought it was great. I guess it was their fluff and nearly being damned and crimson armor that turned on to them.

Orks
I love these guys (although I don't have that great of an army yet) and I'm hoping to have them as a second army. I love the fact that these guys could rule the entire galaxy but refuse not to because they are stubborn, gritty buggers that don't know what to do other than SMASH! BASH! CHOP! STOMP! haha

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
For me right now it would my 'Nids love them, im determined to make 'Nid Zilla work in 5th and hopefuly with at least a Fex as a nod to 4th. The models are wow, like someone said previous Monsterous Creatures = WIN :D :D :D Plus my Hive Fleet Fabulous when finished will be brilliant a Tyranid Fleet with a Rainbow colour scheme with glitter will be brilliant :D Plus it will be different to most 'Nid armies out there.

I also love Death Company, not Bloods Angels the Death Company, think the fluff is brilliant, ive even macde my own chapter called the Death Lances which will be nothing but DC, working on my own fluff for them and making them unique since they will ALL be carrying Lances :D

Also a big fan of anything DA (really hope for an update so i can get my Deathwing out again) and Sallies.

And another love would be DE, used to collect but the models were hideous so this update is like a dream to me, so come Janurary i can start them :D
They're awesome MC's :) Please! Do not make your 'Nids glittery and colourful aha, They're supposed to be Bio-warmachines :(

Chicks eh. :laugh:

1 - 20 of 108 Posts