Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was it down to the fluff and background? Maybe you like their overall colour scheme or battlefield presence? There are so many reasons to choose an army I can't list them here. Instead, i'll let you know why I picked mine...

I took Chaos as the majority of my favoured choices had already been taken by my buddies. Shit huh?

So why did you choose your current Army?

·
Registered
966 Posts
Doing Death Watch cause they will look pretty and i aint ever seen them been used so wil be a bit of a novetly to have them on the board.

·
Registered
94 Posts
well in my case ive allways loved tanks so i own 36 of them now and 1 super heavy

i own em cuse i love em

gris

·
Registered
94 Posts
im my room where else

your the dude who asked me to come here

ive got 150 marines

and 250 guard

gris

·
Registered
94 Posts
thats like a chick flick on fats mode that post was but all the same nice one

gris

·
Registered
630 Posts
well im a guy who likes large armys

gris
Are they ALL painted though? :wink:
I've got around 120 of the little blighters painted up, complete nightmare but well worth the effort.
My main army though has to be the notorious Beard Angels I ended up wanting a smaller army due to the guard horde driving me crazy painting wise and getting slapped around In combat far too often started to piss me of a bit so In came the BA's.
I've dabbled with Tau and Eldar but mainly due to the fact that my BA's play all of the three 'phases' I never seem to grow tired of playing them although certain opponents do! :wink:
Also Sanguiniess rules over all primarchs hands down so there! :p

·
Registered
630 Posts
yes save 10 new karsickin and a singel russ thats new

gris
:shock:
Nice one, do you ever play any tournaments with the horde? Always trying to find a nice tourney army for the good old Cadian7th If you have any Ideas?

·
Registered
94 Posts
i must be honest ive done it once and i never finished a game thats the trobal with it

gris

·
Registered
630 Posts
I did try a 'horde' list with about 140 guardsmen at 1500pts but It's trying to find terrain for them and their heavies without getting completely massacred In combat that seems to cause the problem.
I know drop troops lists work quite well but I'm still trying to work out a bit of mixed list with light Infantry and drop troops, might go post It up.....

·
Registered
94 Posts
light and drop i doint advise it one way or the other done mix unless its 200 or more

gris

·
Registered
999 Posts
I am usually inspired by color schemes or army configuration. I chose my Eldar, Tyranids, and Chaos for these reasons. I chose my Deathwing because I wanted to really showcase my painting and converting abilities. There is going to be so much detail to them it's not even funny. :)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I'm a sucker for what I read and translating that to the army I assemble: Blood Ravens for Astartes, Tanith and Last Chancers for IG, T'au Sept for the Tau Empire. I just wrapped up a Deathwatch Kill Team and Ordo Malleus Grey Knights force. My wife is doing Sisters of Battle, and Ulthwe Eldar.

Thining about starting up a Blood Pact force.

If I read the book...odds are I'll be assembling some troops to play on the table for it.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
pathwinder14 said:
I am usually inspired by color schemes or army configuration. I chose my Eldar, Tyranids, and Chaos for these reasons. I chose my Deathwing because I wanted to really showcase my painting and converting abilities. There is going to be so much detail to them it's not even funny. :)
Those are really nice looking.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
The GK termie models are just too pretty, and now i have pertty GKPA models... its just all so pretty. thats my reasoning.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts