·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
why???? they are £40!!!!!!!!

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
I think its because the models are all metal including the mounts. Normally mounted units have plastic mounts.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Yep, but when you look at it compared to say grail knights its only 10 pounds more. So its not like its more expensive than the rest of the models its just that everything is expensive in general, but we already knew that.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think it is a consequence of a company started by gamers being taken over and run by businessmen who have no idea how to recruit gamers into the hobby.

·
Premium Member
2,648 Posts
Ha! I think they look great! Especially when compared to the VC character models. I'd buy a regiment just to represent my VC characters.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
holy hell $75 in USD...i thought about picking up a VC army as my first FB army but wadafak?! im seriously reconsidering now...why would GW make an all-metal unit like that?!

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
They're 75 bucks USD because they're insanely good and every army will include them, so GW knows people will pay up. They're strength 7 on the charge, and they're strength 5 otherwise... that alone makes them really really good, but being in full plate on barded horses on top of that and packing multiple attacks each, they'll pretty much always win.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i think I have found out the answer tyo my own questiuon. they are completely metal even the horses and are bigger than say an empire knight.

·
Registered
232 Posts
They are so expensive because GW thinks that making the most profit possible out of every single sale is the way to run a business. This only works for the segment of the market that has near unlimited disposable income to spend on the hobby.

They don't seem to realize that they can only get all the disposable income of the other segments and that, given the chance, most gamers will end up with multiple armies of both 40k and fantasy - not to mention accessories.

Many are turned off because of the price and go to other games, which is why the cheap pre-painted ones are drawing gamers away from GW products.

·
Registered
445 Posts
They're 75 bucks USD because they're insanely good and every army will include them, so GW knows people will pay up. They're strength 7 on the charge, and they're strength 5 otherwise... that alone makes them really really good, but being in full plate on barded horses on top of that and packing multiple attacks each, they'll pretty much always win.
A simple baiting unit can take the blood knights out of the game. They'll be chasing shadows for 6 turns.

·
Grey Knight Converter
2,169 Posts
Ohh are they frenzied, cause that is definitely a minus. However, due to their charge range it is much harder to bait them and have them following shadows around the table. But that is another topic...

·
Registered
445 Posts
Ohh are they frenzied, cause that is definitely a minus. However, due to their charge range it is much harder to bait them and have them following shadows around the table. But that is another topic...
A 14" charge range is hardly long reach...

You can always sacrifice your unit to misdirect them. They will then have to waste a turn getting back on track.

Simple fast cavalry tactics here.

·
Registered
2,476 Posts
Because of lord of the rings, the modles are so pricey. Gamesworkshop lost money on lord of the rings and it has a knock on affect on us unfair!! get rid of lord of the rings!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
there expensive because there bigger then most knights metal and really detailed!. There really good models and all your ever likly to need is 5. And Gamesworkshop makes everything really expensive so they can get a nice profit by exploiting cosumers.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
I'm not going to get drawn into the usual price discussion, suffice to say the models are awesome, massive, and ALL metal. the horses are huge.

Because of lord of the rings, the modles are so pricey. Gamesworkshop lost money on lord of the rings and it has a knock on affect on us unfair!! get rid of lord of the rings!!
This is horseshit GK, so drop it. You keep saying LotR is what drove up prices, but youre wrong. GW made a fuckton of money on LotR and it's still the second most popular game system sales wise.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts